45

While Louis drove, Harry booked them a ticket to the same ship Grimshaw had. It was very stressful because there were not many tickets left and Tomlinson's phone kept freezing.

"We got them", Harry finally said, sighing in relief. "We are going to get him."

"Sooner or later", Tomlinson agreed.

"I think we have to stop soon, though", Harry said.

"Why?"

"I'm super hungry, also we are running out of gas."

Tomlinson nodded. "We'll stop at the next gas station."

They drove another hour until Harry spotted a gas station. They stopped, refilled their gas tank and then parked the car and walked inside the shop.

"Oh, great, they sell hamburgers", Harry muttered.

"Not a fan?"

"Nope", Harry said. "But I guess I don't have any other options."

They ordered food and bought some snacks and then they stood near the counter, waiting for their food that they intended to take with them and eat while driving. They used the toilets and when they came back, they both stopped in horror, staring at the TV on the wall. It had their and Grimshaw's faces in it and some news reporter was talking in Finnish.

Harry glanced around but no one was staring at them. Luckily.

But just then two police men stepped inside, glanced at the TV and then looked around.

"Fuck", Harry muttered under his breath and that's when Tomlinson spun Harry around, wrapped his arms around him and kissed him.

First thought that Harry got was to push Tomlinson away and apparently Tomlinson knew it because he muttered, "Go with it" and then deepened the kiss. Harry closed his eyes and grabbed Tomlinson's head, kissing him back. They made out for a moment until Tomlinson let go of Harry, grabbed their food that had arrived, and which had gone completely past Harry, and they walked out, Harry noticing how everyone avoided looking at them, even the polices.

"Kiitos, hei!" Tomlinson said at the door and walked out, pulling Harry with him.

"What the fuck?" Harry hissed as they sat in the car. "What was that?"

"Me thanking them for the food in perfect Finnish", Tomlinson replied.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "Before that."

"That kiss?" Tomlinson looked at Harry. "Oh, Styles, you're so unaware of some basic human behaviours."

"Enlighten me then."

"PDA makes people awkward and they tend to look away and avoid staring when two people are being all over each other."

Harry nodded. "That explains who no one looked at us when we walked away."

"You're welcome, I saved our asses again", Tomlinson said.

"So you kissed me only because of that?" Harry blurted out without meaning to. Shit, now Tomlinson will think that Harry hoped the kiss would have meant more to Tomlinson. "Not that I want it to mean anything more."

Tomlinson glanced at Harry quickly before concentrating on driving once more. "My dear Mr. Styles, don't tell me you're getting fond of me?"

"Of course not", Harry replied quickly. But honestly? He wasn't quite sure anymore.

Fortunately Tomlinson's phone beeped just then and gave Harry a permission to concentrate on something else. He checked the phone and almost screamed.

"Hit the pedal", Styles said. "Grimshaw bought gas and food from a gas station two hours drive from here."

Tomlinson speed up and his lip twitched as he tried not to smile. "We are close."

***

They arrived at the gas station where, according to Tomlinson's source, Grimshaw had been. While Harry distracted the man inside the shop, Tomlinson sneaked in to the security room and checked the security cameras. He memorized Grimshaw's car's license plate and then sneaked out, giving Harry a small nod. Harry nodded back and then said goodbye to the man who was telling him about the stuff you can find from the store and they left.

Tomlinson insisted that he would drive but after driving for a long time, when the sky turned darker, Harry could see that Tomlinson needed to rest.

"Pull over", Harry said.

"No."

"Pull over, you need to rest or else you will get us into a car crash!"

For a moment it looked like Tomlinson would argue back but then he pulled over to some parking lot and stopped the car. They got out of the car and were just stepping inside the backseats when Tomlinson whistled at Harry and pointed at a car about ten meters away.

"It looks like Grimshaw's car", Tomlinson said quietly. "We can't be this lucky."

"Let's go check it out", Harry said and was already walking towards it. Tomlinson followed behind, completely forgetting to take his machete with him which was very out of character for him.

They peeked inside the dark car and noticed that it was empty. Before either could say anything, a rock flew towards them and hit Tomlinson in the head. He fell down, holding his head. Harry managed to dodge the second rock by pure luck. He had to dive to the ground and before he could get up, he felt a gun pressing against his temple.

"Slowly now, Styles", Grimshaw said. Harry gritted his teeth as he raised his hands up and got on his feet very slowly. Tomlinson got on his feet too, blood running down his face and glared at Harry and Grimshaw.

"I see you two are working together now", Grimshaw said. "How cute. Unfortunately I have to kill you both."

And he would've if some car wouldn't have drove to the parking lot. Grimshaw saw it too, pushed Harry towards Tomlinson and then shot their car's tire with a gun that had a silencer on it.

Tomlinson was so busy catching Harry that Grimshaw had time to get in his car and start driving away.

"Fuck", Tomlinson said and helped Harry up. "He got away."

"Are you okay, though?" Harry asked.

"Don't mind me, we have to change the tire."

"Do we have a spare tire?" Harry asked.

Tomlinson nodded and Harry sighed in relief. They walked back to their car and that's when they heard someone yelling, "Oletteko kunnossa? Näytti siltä, että se kolmas mies olisi pitänyt asetta."

Tomlinson and Harry turned around and looked at a man and woman who were standing next to their car that had saved Tomlinson and Harry earlier.

"What did he say?" Harry asked because he had learned by now that Louis Tomlinson knew at least a little bit of Finnish.

"Something about are we okay and that it looked like the third guy had a gun", Tomlinson whispered back and then yelled back to the man and woman, "We are okay! It was nothing!"

"Thanks for asking, though!" Harry added.

"Oh, English speakers", the man said and then stepped closer. "Do you have blood on your face?"

Tomlinson took a step back. "Yeah. I fell down and hit my head."

The man looked like he didn't believe Tomlinson but eventually he backed away and wished them a good evening.

Tomlinson and Harry quickly changed the tire and jumped into the car.

"We have to be fast, the ship is leaving tomorrow morning", Tomlinson said from the co-driver's seat. "We have to drive the whole night if we want to get there on time."

"We'll take turns on sleeping. You go first", Harry said and started driving. Tomlinson didn't argue, he just closed his eyes and let Harry drive.