21

When Harry stepped inside his apartment, he headed straight to his fridge and pulled out a beer. He opened it and took a long sip, sighing deeply as the alcohol ran through his body. He walked into the living room, turning on his TV. He attempted to go back into the kitchen but stopped in place when he heard what the woman in TV was saying.

"...a.k.a Red Machete was supposed to be transferred to a maximum security prison today but escaped during transmission, killing two guards and injuring one..."

Harry turned off the TV and stared at the black screen. His heart started beating faster as he realised that Red Machete was free again. He had escaped. Harry didn't know would the assassin come after him. He jumped when his phone started ringing. Harry took a couple of deep, calming breaths before answering. "Hallo?"

"Sorry about your friend."

All the colours escaped from Harry's face. "Tomlinson."

"I prefer Red Machete, I'm not used to hearing my name", the assassin said. "Oh, and don't bother trying to get in contact with police to track down this call, it won't last long enough for that."

"Where are you?"

"Not in a maximum security prison."

Harry sat down because his knees felt weak. "Why did you call me?"

"I suppose I owe you a thank you", the assassin said. "You saved my family."

"I didn't", Harry muttered. "Malik did. He's the one who managed to text Liam to call the cops. He's the one who took the bullet."

"Ah, his sacrifice was really noble indeed", the assassin said and Harry closed his eyes, pressing the cold beer bottle on his forehead. "I mean, you guys got me, right? Well, temporarily, anyway."

"Why did you come there? I mean", Harry shrugged even though no one could see it, "you got out of the handcuffs, you could've ran as far as possible but you came there. Why? To save your family?"

Red Machete let out a laugh. "Oh, Harry, did you really think some handcuffs could hold me back? I could've get out of them in that second I woke up after you knocked me out."

"Why didn't you?"

"Timing is everything, Mr. Styles", Red Machete said. "And what comes to your other question, I just didn't want to miss the party."

Harry narrowed his eyes and wrinkled his nose. "You wasted five Jackson's men. Six, if you count the one who was inside the house."

"Party, as I said", Red Machete said, amused. "I gotta flee now. Don't stress your pretty little head, Mr. Styles and go live your life. You could stop struggling with your sexual orientation and just go with it."

Harry ignored that because frankly right now he didn't give a fuck about whether or not he was okay being gay. "You're not coming to kill me?"

The assassin laughed again. "Oh, why would I? That would be just rude."

As much as Harry wanted to ask what he meant, he kept his mouth shut.

"Stay out of the trouble, Mr. Styles", the assassin said. "You don't fit in on this side of the world. It's too dark and heavy for you." 

And then the line went dead.

Harry stared at his phone in silence until he started screaming, basically bellowing and threw his phone on the wall, kicked the table and threw his beer bottle on the floor. He screamed and screamed and screamed. He screamed for Malik. He screamed for Red Machete. He screamed for Grimshaw.

He just screamed.