20

"You should've told me."

Harry didn't turn around when he heard the familiar Irish voice behind him. He was kneeling down, eyes locked on the tombstone in front of him. He felt empty. Cold, dark and empty.

"You should've told me what was going on", Niall Horan repeated. "I could've help you. I had the right to know that my best friends were playing with their lives."

Why did Malik do it? Why did he jump in front of the bullet? Harry didn't want that. He didn't want his friend to get killed. Malik shouldn't have died for him. Grimshaw shouldn't have killed him. It should have been Harry.

"Would you please talk to me?" Horan asked but Harry didn't move. Horan pushed Harry, yelling, "Would you please fucking look at me!"

Harry stumbled on his feet and finally turned to face their Irish lad. He and Horan were the only ones in the cemetery. Malik's funeral had ended hours ago and after insisting that Payne would leave without him, Harry had kneeled in front of his friend's grave and stayed there, frozen in place. That was, until Horan came.

"What do you want me to say?" Harry yelled, sorrow making his voice shaky. He pointed the grave. "This is my fault! Don't you understand? This happened because I insisted we would do this by ourselves! I pulled Malik and Payne into this and look what happened!"

Horan's expression softened a bit and he reached his arm towards Harry's shoulder. "It wasn't your fault, Harry."

Harry dodged Horan's arm and turned his back to him, staring at the tombstone with the name Zayn Javadd Malik written on it. "It was all for nothing", he mumbled. "Grimshaw and Jackson got away. It was all for nothing."

"It wasn't all for nothing", Horan said from behind him. "You're alive. That innocent family is alive. Hell, even Red Machete is caught." Horan paused. "They're moving him to a maximum security prison today. And Grimshaw and Plague are in the most wanted list. Now everyone knows Grimshaw's not innocent. It wasn't all for nothing."

"Zayn had to die until polices realised that Grimshaw wasn't the good guy", Harry spat out bitterly. "What will happen until they can catch him?"

Horan didn't answer. Harry glanced at him and sighed. "Go home, Niall. I'll see you later."

"Are you going to be okay?" he asked.

It was funny that Horan asked that, considering he was the one who was as thick as thieves with Malik. "Bye, Niall", Harry said simply and walked away.