43

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Unedited. Sorry.

***

First the police men put Tomlinson in handcuffs and then they helped Harry free from the bed and put him in handcuffs. All this time there were guns pointed at them. When they were both handcuffed Tomlinson and Harry changed looks. Tomlinson shook slightly his head and mouthed, "Not yet." Harry nodded so slightly that no one else could possibly notice it except Tomlinson.

The police men started walking Harry and Tomlinson out of the room and the hotel. On the way one of the police men was carrying Tomlinson's machete while the one of the others was talking on the phone in Swedish and all Harry could understand was his and Tomlinson's names.

There were a lot of people curiously watching from the side as the polices walked them to their cars. They had arrived with two vans.

They pushed Harry and Tomlinson at the back of one of the vans and two polices came in with them.

The car started moving and for a while they just sat in silence until Harry felt Tomlinson slightly nudging him. Harry glanced at him and their gazes met. Tomlinson did a small nod and Harry knew immediately what it meant.

In a flash the both of them were out of the handcuffs. Tomlinson moved so fast and he had knocked out both of the polices before Harry could even think what to do.

Tomlinson took the guns from the polices and handed the other one to Harry who took it with hesitation.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Harry hissed, trying his best to stay upright as the car swung a little.

Tomlinson, who had pointed the gun at one of the unconscious police man's head, turned his ice cold eyes to Harry. "What does it look like?"

"You can't kill them!"

"Of course I can."

Harry narrowed his eyes. "Why would you kill them? They have done nothing wrong!"

To that the assassin didn't know what to reply. "I...I don't know, out of habit, I guess."

"Well, now you have to point that gun somewhere else because you're not killing them", Harry said sternly as he handcuffed the both polices. As he stood back up, the gun was pointed at him.

Tomlinson grinned. "Duck."

Harry did and seconds later the gun let out a loud PAM! and the van's backdoor's lock was broken. Harry and Tomlinson almost fell over when the car's driver hit the breaks and made the car stop very quickly.

As soon as the car stopped, Tomlinson and Harry jumped out of the car. The other police van that had came behind them was also stopped and when they started running off the road the firing started.

They hid behind another parked car as the gunfire hit close to them.

"I need my machete", Tomlinson said.

"You're seriously suggesting we go into this fight? Why don't we just run?" Harry asked, flinching as the bullet flew close to his head.

"I need my machete and they will catch us if we don't do something!" Tomlinson hissed. "Are you in or not?"

Harry had to seriously think about it for a moment there. Shooting Swedish police men? Not probably good idea, given that he was already on the run for killing someone. Even if that someone was a very bad person.

But did he have any other choice? He was already so deep in shit that it didn't really matter what he did anymore, right?

"I'm in. But shoot them in shoulders. No killing", Harry finally said.

Tomlinson rolled his eyes but nodded and then they started shooting back. Harry shot three polices in their shoulders while Tomlinson was much better at it and shot the rest of them. They could hear sirens in the distance and knew they didn't have much time so when the coast was clear Tomlinson ran to the other van and returned with his machete.

"Run", he said to Harry and then they did. They tried their best to ran so that no one would find them; they made lots of turns and switched roads. Finally they stopped, Tomlinson stole them a car and started driving.

They drove as normally as possible in silence until they abandoned the car and started walking on the side of the road.

"So, what is the plan?" Harry asked.

"We find a motel."

"Okay", was Harry's simple reply. He didn't feel like talking and apparently Tomlinson didn't either. They hid their guns under their shirts and kept walking.

Suddenly Harry realised something. He had opened a fire towards polices with Tomlinson. Now they will think that Harry works with him! On the other hand, it didn't matter what they thought, since after all they had found Harry tied in a bed while Tomlinson just stood there in the same room.

"Stop", Tomlinson said suddenly as a car started slowing down next to them. Harry stopped and stood behind Tomlinson as the car stopped and the window rolled down.

"Need a ride?" some man asked.

"To the nearest motel", Tomlinson replied, eyeing the man suspiciously.

"It's not far, actually. Hope in, we'll be there in ten."

Harry and Tomlinson exchanged looks and then they both shrugged and got in the car. It was a blue Volvo and looked rather normal, no way could it be a police man in disguise.

The man dropped them off to the motel and drove away while Tomlinson and Harry checked in under false names of course and then went into their room.

Harry fell down on the bed, holding his head. It was hurting really bad and when he touched his face he could feel the dried blood on it.

"Fucking Grimshaw", Harry muttered and got up, wincing in pain. Tomlinson just glanced at him but didn't say a word. Harry went into the bathroom and cleaned the wound. It was surprisingly deep.

"I see you have learned how to get out of the handcuffs."

Harry turned around and looked at Tomlinson standing by the bathroom's door.

"I figured it could be useful", Harry replied. "And just so you know, this", he motioned everything around him, "doesn't mean we're working together. That shooting polices thing? Not working together."

Tomlinson snorted. "As if I even wanted to work with you. You'd only slow me down."

"Then it'd be better if you'd just leave so I can track down Grimshaw in peace", Harry replied, walking out of the bathroom.

It was silent for a moment before Tomlinson said, "So you will keep doing this?"

"Hell yes."

"You'll get yourself killed", Tomlinson announced.

"I don't care", Harry hissed back, the pain being unbearable. He was tired and hurt and he just didn't want to have this conversation with the assassin right now.

Tomlinson glared at Harry intensively.

"If you don't back away I promise you I won't be there saving your ass anymore", he threatened.

"Fine", Harry said. "I don't need your saving."

"I mean it, Styles", Tomlinson warned.

"Okay", Harry said, now more quietly. He was having problems to stay upright on his feet.

"Damn it, Styles, don't—", Tomlinson started but couldn't finish his sentence before Harry collapsed to the ground and everything went black as he went unconscious. Tomlinson stared at Harry lying on the ground for a moment before sighing.

"Fuck", he muttered.