44

Harry opened his eyes and narrowed them when bright sunlight hit his eyes. He realised he was in a moving car and he straightened up and glanced on his left.

"About time you wake up", Tomlinson said, not looking at Harry.

Harry stared at him for a moment and then looked out of the window. He touched his head wound and winced in pain. Although it didn't hurt as much as it had, it still hurt enough to make him wrinkle his nose.

Even though Harry had like a million questions, ones like 'where are we?' and 'where are we going?' he didn't ask any of them, yet. Instead he asked, "Why did you take me with you? Why not just leave me in the motel?"

At first Tomlinson didn't answer but then he looked at Harry and said, "Beats me."

Harry decided to let it go. He didn't want to think about the reasons why Tomlinson didn't left him behind and he didn't want to think how he felt about it.

"Where are we?" Harry asked, pushing his fingers through his hair.

"Sweden."

"Where are we going?"

"Finland."

Harry sighed. "So we are stuck together, aren't we?"

Tomlinson shrugged. "Apparently."

"Great", Harry muttered. Just what he needed right now. Note the sarcasm.

While they drove, Tomlinson filled Harry in. Apparently Tomlinson had bought them a car, tracked down Grimshaw who now used a name Daniel Börg. According to Tomlinson, Grimshaw is on his way to Finland so that's where Harry and Tomlinson were heading too. The plan was to take a ship to Finland and then drove after Grimshaw.

The plan didn't exactly suck but, in Harry's opinion, it had too many things that could go wrong.

But he didn't complain.

He was going to roll with it.

He knew he should at some point figure out what to do with Tomlinson, like in general. Tomlinson was, after all, a criminal who was now Europe's most wanted. Well...maybe Harry was on that list too, right behind Grimshaw and Tomlinson. But he didn't know if he wanted to work with Tomlinson. It wouldn't bring him any good on long term. He had to do something, make some kind of choice between letting Tomlinson walk free or turn against him. But now was not the time to make that decision. Not the time and not the place.

They arrived to their destination and it was a real miracle but they got their car and themselves into the ship without problems. They got one cabin where they could sleep since the ship would be in Finland next morning.

"This is us", Tomlinson said, pointing at a door. Harry ran the key card through the lock and the door opened. They walked in and it was a small cabin with beds. There wasn't much room to move but it was just fine.

"Are you hungry? Should I go buy us some food?"

Harry raised an eyebrow. "About that. How did you have money to buy a car and pay for this ship trip and everything?"

"I have my ways", Tomlinson said vaguely.

Harry should have known. He, on the other hand, had nothing left but his clothes that he was wearing. No phone, no wallet, nothing. He had absolutely nothing.

Tomlinson, however, had money, a phone, even his machete in a bag that he carried with him. Harry was a little bit impressed.

"I'm gonna go look around a bit", Tomlinson said.