5

Worse than waking up on a Monday morning is waking up on a Monday morning to the news that a man has been murdered.

"Harry, there's something you should see."

Payne's words echoed in Harry's head while he was driving to the work. When Payne had called him and said it, Harry had immediately jumped out of the bed, and got dressed. He drove as fast as he dared and when he arrived, he saw Malik and Payne standing in front of their office's television.

"What is it?" Harry asked, without bothering to waste time in greetings.

Neither Malik nor Payne turned to look at him. Payne turned the volume up and said, "Watch this."

Harry's face turned into a frown when he listened the news. There had been another murder. Apparently it was Red Machete's doings since the victim's head had been cut off. Shivers run through Harry's body. Red Machete was strong and his weapon was sharp because he was able to cut off his victim's head with one simple flick.

Harry walked closer and listened the information given about the murder. It was, again, another investigate journalist. Lloyd Chapman. Harry had never met him but he had heard of him. Harry didn't take his eyes off the TV when he said, "Malik, check up this Chapman. We need to know what case he was rooting."

"I'm all over it", Malik said, and left.

"How much do you wanna bet he was after Grimshaw?" Harry asked, glancing at Liam.

"This is bad", Payne said, and turned to look at Harry, his face more serious than ever before. "Harry, we need to be extra careful. This is madness, and you know it. We are in great danger."

Harry sighed slowly. "I know", he said, and turned to look at TV. "But we can't back off now."

Anchorman's next words made Harry and Liam freeze.

"The police are looking for Chapman's wife, Marina Chapman, who appears to be missing. Our records indicate that they were working together--"

"Holy shit", Payne muttered, turning the volume down.

Harry rubbed his eyes. "How the hell they can't see the link between the murders and Grimshaw? Are they blind or just stupid?"

"Both", said Malik, walking towards them. "I found something. Chapman was snooping Grimshaw's things. I have no details, but I think it's safe to assume that he got too close the truth."

"He worked with his wife", Harry said, taking the papers Malik had printed.

"Which means that if Lloyd Chapman was murdered because he got too close then..."

"...his wife is in danger too. She got away, apparently, but how long can she hide?" Payne finished Malik's sentence, and groaned. "This is so fucked up."

Harry was thinking frantically, and walked to the desk. He placed the papers down and stared at them. "This is all just speculation, but... She got away. She is a smart woman. We just need to hope that she is smart enough to stay hidden until Grimshaw and or Red Machete is out of the picture."

Payne and Malik walked next to Harry, and Payne shook his head slowly. "Fucked up. This is so fucked up", he repeated.

"Tomorrow will be even more", Malik muttered, and turned his eyes on Harry. "It's a suicide mission."

"We don't have choice", Harry said firmly. "If Marina Chapman got away from Red Machete, then she might know what does he look like. She's a major threat to Red Machete. And the things she knows... Those things may make her a major threat to Grimshaw too. She can't survive alone. She needs us since the police is useless."

Harry turned to look at his co-workers, determinedly. "We have to do this. Tomorrow is now more important than it was before."

Malik and Payne glanced at each other, and then they shrugged, giving up.

"Bloody Body Club, here we come", said Malik.