I.

I looked at myself in the teachers' bathroom mirror. Avoiding eye contact with my reflection, I straightened out my trousers and fixed the shirt collar. It was so quiet. Oddly quiet, I may say. I expected the kids to be loud and excited on a day like this. It's not like they get to meet the top three heroes every day. I dug my phone out of my bag and gasped. Ten past eleven. 

Oh crap! I'm the only one who can be ten minutes late to such an event...

My quick steps echoed through the empty halls all the way to the auditorium. I stopped by to check if my whole class has left the classroom. Of course they have. But their teacher hasn't. I had to run, breaking the rules I always praised to my students. Hypocritic. 

The great grey doors leading to the back auditorium entrance were closed. I had just a moment to regain my composure. I was just as nervous as anyone else would be. I admired the heroes, saving us every day. Even though I don't really love the ordinary, I was just like anyone else when it comes to heroes. My favourite was Deku, the number 1 hero. Not because of his looks (which were utterly fine) but because of his attitude, skills and personality. He had the ability to smile even when fighting with villains and even though I knew no more than the rest, I could detect kindness in his appearance. So it made every sense to want to look my best when having the chance to meet him... and the rest. 

My hand shook as I pulled the door handle and felt a wave of air swing my brown hair. I stepped into the giant room, inhaling hysterically as my breaths involuntarily got shorter and shorter. I could see my best friend Moji prepare her autograph notebook quickly. If only I had the courage. I climbed to my toes to try and see the stage. From all the way back all I could see were four silhouettes moving around. I knew one of them was the principal, who was ordered to take care of them. My guess was the other three ones were Shoto, Great Explosion (as everyone shortened his name, which he did not like) and - Deku. 

"Pst! Where have you been? I've been controlling your kids the entire time. I swear, they are getting worse with every generation..." I heard a voice behind me.

"Oh... thanks Gakko. I got held up", I replied through whisper to my colleague. 

Gakko was another friend of mine. We met at college. He studied Law at first, but transferred to my course instead as he didn't have the will to learn all the laws by heart. Moji was a transfer student but she decided to stay after all. That's how our little group formed. I guess I am just friendly by nature so I made more friends when I came to work here. 

I mentally checked my looks one more time. It was a possibility we'd go out onto the stage. I thought about everything...except  for one thing. My class. A bunch of naughty 8 year-olds, just waiting to embarrass you. Basically, the devilish reasons I have my job. I was so caught in the option of meeting Deku, I completely forgot my main purpose. 

But, sure as hell, I was reminded. 

"You suck! My daddy can beat your ass!" a boy yelled.

I felt a strong wish to hurl right about now.  I recognized that voice. It was one of my students. He had a strong quirk but an even stronger will to cause problems. His name was Itazura and he was a problem all of the teachers had to deal with. But he always saved his biggest outrages for me. I ran by the seats, cursing through my breath. Somehow I always turn out to be incompetent. 

As I rushed down to the lower rows I saw him jumping up and down his seat and sticking his tongue out at Deku. I cringed. I felt my stomach to a few backflips as I had to come out into the light to calm him down. I didn't even have time to see Deku properly. 

"Itazura! Calm down! No-ow!" I whisper-yelled. 

All that I saw next was the floor getting closer and closer. Until I stopped. My eyes were squeezed-shut and I felt as if I were floating in the air. My breath stopped somewhere between inhaling and exhaling. 

"Are you all right?" a voice asked me. 

It was a funny voice. It belonged to an adult, but still sounded childish as if the man were still a teen. I finally began breathing again and opened my eyes. I faced two big, green eyes staring at mine. I also felt a hand around my arm which stopped me from smashing my face in front of everyone. Those eyes, though, felt so familiar...hah!

Well fuck. 

It was, of course, Deku. 

I have no idea what I stuttered out while getting up. His tall figure had to crouch to be in some proportion to mine. He still insecurely held onto my arm as I tried picking my dignity up as well. Itazura was quiet now. He got what he wanted. Deku let go of my arm and I inhaled before blabbing something like an apology out. It is a habit I have...to apologize for everyone and everything. 

"So I am sorry for the inconveniences I caused", I finished off, inhaling deeply. 

"It is all right. It's not like I get to catch falling girls every day", Deku chuckled and winked before getting back onto the stage. 

Shoto stared at me for a brief moment before looking back at Deku. I could literally feel my cheeks going on fire. I can only imagine what I looked like. Like a tomato with brown leaves, in pants and a shirt. I looked back to see why I actually tripped. 

A curtain. A fucking curtain. 

I felt to ashamed and too anxious to walk past the stage to get to Itazura. Instead I tried calling him. I have no idea how many times I must've said his name. 

"You know, you really should go to your teacher", Deku said in the middle of some sort of motivation speech. 

I froze. In my attempts to be quiet I somehow managed to be louder than him, apparently. 

Meet Alex Davies, the Master of Disaster. 

Itazura laughed before jumping off his seat and walking towards me with his hands in his pockets. I swear, if I ever wanted to trap someone on Mars, it was this moment. 

"And you couldn't come when I asked you to?'' I hissed, grabbing his hand. "You're spending the rest of the day in the classroom. Doing Maths", I growled and dragged him out. 

Gakko will just have to put up with some more Davies class. 

I crashed onto the chair in the first empty classroom we found and gave him some papers.

"I don't want to hear a beep until you write down all numbers from 1 to 1000000", I stated.

My hands were still shaking. 

Why do these thing always happen to me? First, I'm late. Then, this kid yells these notorious stuff at the top three Japanese heroes. Then I make it to trip over a curtain. And then I interrupt Deku's speech. Hell,  the whole hall probably heard me. 

"I'm finished", Itazura stated. 

I stared at him blankly. There are people like me and then there is Itazura's specie. 

"Write down 'I will be polite' a thousand times", I sighed, staring at my watch. 

I was burried in my thoughts as long as he was writing down the stupid sentences. I made a fool of myself in front of a person I admire so much. On top of it all, I showed incapability to take care of my own class. Gakko had to do it for me. 

By the time the little devil finished writing, the sun already began setting. I picked up the papers as he simply remained seated. The classroom was no longer as bright as it was. A dimmed orange glow bathed the smooth surfaces and little bits of dust could've been noticed dancing around if looked carefully. I tied up my hair, ordering Itazura to set the tables and chairs nicely. 

I let my head fall onto the teacher's table. I felt simply dumb. 

A knock made me look up. 

"Come in", I said tiredly. "And you better behave, whoever it is out there", I quickly glanced at my naughty student. 

The doors opened and I saw a tall figure come one. His green suit matched his messy, fluffy green hair, as well as those eyes which stared at me not so long ago. His freckled face flashed us a smile. 

"I was looking for you", he said in a gentle manner he always used. 

I somehow confusedly smiled and showed him to sit down. Even Itazura seemed to have changed his attitude when he saw Deku so close. 

He was...marvelous. Deku is marvelous.