XI.

Deku's POV

The stars twinkled in their most enchanting light above us as we walked through the park. The same park we've been to a few days ago. Alex was... godlike. She was so pretty, her beautiful brown hair falling over her shoulders like some waterfalls and her eyes shining as bright as the stars. Oh, yeah, she is super hot as well. Not many women look good in such a dress. I had a really strong urge to hold her hand. I swallowed, directing my feet to go a bit to left so I would get closer to her. 

I smelled a vanilla scent around her and smiled accidentally. She inhaled the fresh earthy air around us and looked at me, a bit confused when she saw how close I suddenly got. I chuckled and rubbed the back of my head nervously. Was it weird for her? Being here with me? I wasn't sure about that... but I knew I wanted to be treated just like any other human being on Earth and beyond. I licked my lips while thinking how to express it.

"You know... let's just forget I am Deku tonight. Let me be someone who... I don't know... helped you carry your groceries from a market - and nothing else. I don't want you to feel awkward or tied back around me", I said after some thinking. 

Her sea green eyes looked into mine. It was a look which could tame a lion, let alone shut up me. She nodded silently and I wondered if she actually understood what I meant. 

"I never properly thanked you for carrying those bags for me", she said playfully.

In one quick and determined move she took my hand and continued walking. I could see how quickly she breathed. I was no better. My face went red as I felt her tiny, soft fingers around my hand. I just wanted to hold her and protect her from the harsh reality life usually was. Life where you loose your real smile and replace it with a 'heroic' one. Because she made me smile honestly. I want her to be able to do the same. I am no saint, but... I can make her happy. It's funny... I believe that when you think ahead and so seriously not so long after meeting someone - you are destined to be with them. And that just may have happened to me. 

A cute tone of pink was over her cheeks but it was nothing but perfectly adorable. I smiled all the way, causing her to ask me: "Why are you smiling?"

"Oh, just, you're so cute", I said quietly. 

This phase we were in; our words causing each other to get all flustered and distracted, simple hand holding to cause us to simply glow in a bright red tone - it was just a beginning. A beginning to something incredible - or so I thought. 

Anyway. 

She slowed down. I looked at her and she averted her gaze when our eyes met. I turned her towards me and caught her other hand as well. She looked down at her shoes and frowned as she sees them for the first time. I just stopped there. I wanted to admire the moment we were in. She still looked at the ground. I was nervous as fuck. This perfect girl was in front of me and, in my opinion, it was only a matter of time when would I fuck up. My hand shook as I let her go and slowly lifted her face to look at me. She blushed and I laughed quietly, knowing how silly we must have looked. My hand was still on her face. She looked somewhere into my eyes. We were close to each other. The light wind intertwined our hair strands somehow. 

Fuck it. What happens - happens.  

I closed my eyes and leaned in to kiss her. Her lips were so soft and sweet, and somehow tasted like honey. She put her hands on my shoulders as I held her, and I could feel how nervous she was. But I didn't care. Nothing is perfect. But our imperfections can be. And that's exactly what this was. The fact she barely reached me even in her heals, the fact we were both so nervous... it was perfectly imperfect. And majestic. I pulled away and she instantly turned her head to the side with a flustered smile on her face. Her shyness was adorable. My arms just naturally wrapped around her and pulled her into a hug. The sweet vanilla scent was all around me. It was a bliss. She finally relaxed and leaned her head onto my chest peacefully. We both exhaled at the same time and she giggled.