XLI.

The hall Twice and I were in was just a turn away from my room. It was smaller and tighter, darker and it felt like the amount of oxygen is getting smaller and smaller with each step. I knew it was nothing but my anxiety, but it still felt so real. I gripped on to the collar of my huge sweatshirt, trying to breathe easier. I still wasn't used to  my new hairstyle, each time I didn't feel long strands of hair I'd panic internally. I mean, I had reasons, but different. Twice tapped my elbow, signaling that someone is coming. I turned around in an odd fear, looking for a dent or a chamfer to hide in, or at least a corner. But we turned the corner a long time ago and the wall seemed incredibly smooth. Twice sighed a moment after and rubbed his masked eyes. I suddenly saw two of them. He cloned himself. One of them sped away and left me confused about if the one with me was the real one or the fake.

I heard muffled talking from the other side of the hall, getting louder and louder. I recognized the other voice. I saw its owner, a woman, the day Dabi took me to see Toga with Izuku. As the voices got even louder, I began seeing her silhouette. I shivered and backed away, feeling my face turn into a grimace. I saw her. She barely fit into the hall and her toxic-green eyes widened when she saw me. I saw her mouth open to yell before she fell down, whacked on the head by something that looked very much like a vase. I put my hand on my mouth, seeing Twice's clone melt and turn into the woman's. Her hair was neon-green and her skin was covered in little spots, reminding me of a broccoli. The clone nodded, her lips shut tight and put a hand on the real one's head, showing she's knocked out completely.

"Come on, hurry up", Tice whispered and barely squeezed himself by the people.

"Izuku... I don't know if you can hear me... but..." I started whispering.

"He can't. The microphones will turn on at the word ph... the word", Twice quickly said.

We turned another corner and I almost fell down because of the stairs which were right up. Twice pulled me up and looked around. I saw his fingers twitching and my heart beat instantly stopped. If someone were to come to us now, we're dead. Photos or no photos. Speaking of which, I never really made any with Izuku. Sure, we had some selfies, but I always wanted to print them out and hand them on the wall. At times like those, you Wonder if it's ever going to happen.

Twice muttered something to himself and then pulled me. We climbed the stairs quickly and come by a few doors. It was the real basement. I heard music and people shouting from one of them. I gulped and stepped away, shaking my head as a 'no'. In a moment, a fear swarmed me, stopping me from moving any further. What was I compared to a dozen of villains? Nothing. A zero.

"You have to come... don't back away now, Alex", Twice spoke up energetically.

"I-I can't. I'm sorry, I'm just not capable to..." I stuttered.

"Yes, you are. Now get here, Izuku is waiting for you. Alex."

I shook my head away and practically began going down the stairs.

"Even if you want to, you can't go back now. They'll kill you without a chance of surviving. This way you get it! The cards have been dealt."

"You don't understand. I only used my quirk to help! I can't harm anyone!"

"You don't have to as long as I am here. Please...!"

"I'll have to if a fight breaks out, Twice. I'm simply not capable of it!"

"What the fuck?!" a fat man yelled.

We didn't see him. He came out of the same doors we heard music coming from. He wore a stained shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. His hair was dark and oily, seemingly not washed for a month or two. He had a long, deep scar on his face, beginning at his mouth and ending at his eyebrows.

"Oi, Kiro, what's going o... eh?" another man came out.

I felt a strong need to collapse and not get up ever again. The other man was tall and slim, his hair covered a half of his face. He looked like a snake, even his nose was thin and small.

It was my fault. If I hadn't been whining we wouldn't be there. Now I was faced with what I feared the most. I practically wanted to scream for Izuku's help, but I knew better so I shut my mouth tightly. Twice began stuttering something. Before I knew what's taking place right in front of my nose, the fat guy punched Twice and he flew away into a wall next to me. I gasped and looked at him. If he called for help, the entire building would undoubtedly be there. 

Without much thinking, I jumped in front of him and grabbed his arm, activating my quirk. I was blinded by a blue light. My power was stronger since my emotions were so as well. When I was able to open my eyes, I saw the guy knocked down on the floor. I've never seen anything similar as that. His hand was huge, completely disproportionate to his body. It was red and sort of bumpy. I could see it hurt by the grimace the man made. The slim one now looked at me with a stunned face. I took a step back, preparing my hand for an attack. He literally hissed and I saw his tongue - a snake's one. He jumped towards me and before I knew what's going on, I felt I was being strangled. His hands were taking  the form of a snake, tightening their grip around my neck. I whined weakly and tried to reach for him and do the same thing like to the previous one. But I couldn't. He was too far away. 

I saw my vision getting blurry and the sounds becoming distant, everything was darkening. But then I felt a wave of air reach to me; Twice cloned the guy and those two were fighting at the moment. I rubbed my neck unconsciously and sneaked behind the real one's back. With a very professional battle-like roar, I jumped on his back and put my hand on his head. The light appeared again, blinding us all. I felt him losing his balance and quickly sprung away just in time to escape being squished by him and his now enormous head. When I saw how he turned out, I gagged and felt the need to throw up. It was simply disgusting. 

I lost my breath and tried to regain it slowly. It felt as if I ran a marathon. Twice huffed lightly and pulled me away from the scene. Both of the guys were held down by their clones, with no real need. They passed out and even if they didn't, they probably wouldn't be able to walk with those over-healed body parts. We went down the hall again. It was getting lighter and lighter. The music was more distant now and we could still hear the voices. None of the people there seemed to notice what was going on behind their walls. 

"We have to get out before they wake up and call the rest. Even Deku may be helpless then", Twice rumbled. "Here are the...! The stairs lead to the main floor! No, they lead to the attic!"

"We... must hurry..." I grunted. 

The sharp pain on the side of my stomach began pestering me like any other time I involved myself in extreme physical activity I was not used to. Tears wanted to pop up, but I clenched my teeth in a decision I would not be a cry-baby at such times. It still hurt as hell, spreading through my entire body. 

What I did to those villains was just an evidence of how something supposedly nice and helpful (like a healing quirk) can be just as sharp as any other blade.