XIV.

Alex's POV

"Tell me I did not just ask him out", I said in a straight tone, staring off into nowhere. 

"You did not just ask him out", Mei said blankly between a few munches on her popcorns. 

"Al, what's the big deal about it?" Moji said as she fixed her hair. 

"It's not ladylike", Gakko replied mockingly. 

Moji rolled her eyes. Anyone who didn't know her well thought she was an overconfident and self-centered bitch. It wasn't like that though. 

"Ah, to me it seems you need some help from the above to end this agony for all of us", Mei laughed. 

"Yeah, a sniper on the roof", I muttered and sat down. 

"I'll help you look even more ladylike than before", Moji said with a smirk. 

"What's the angle?" I questioned. 

"Let me meet him, please! I didn't get to take an autograph that day at school! Please, please!" she suddenly yelled. 

"Gee, fine", I smiled. "Am I not ladylike now already?" I asked - it was my obsession. 

"Alex!" all of them yelled at the same time. 

***

Before I knew it, it was Friday. My date with Izuku was tomorrow and, as usually, my head was in the clouds. As the students walked out of the classroom they left their crafting on my desk. I muttered a 'Goodbye' to all of them as I graded their English exams. As I tried my best to read the handwritings, which were all different, I sighed heavily. Even through my dreaminess I noticed some mistakes right away. 

Some of these make me want to commit a suicide...

"Here, Miss. See you tomorrow", Itazura said and smiled to me as he gave me some cup holders he made. 

"Yeah, have a... what?!" I screeched. 

"Saturday. The fair...?" he turned around. 

"The fair... the f... the fine, fine fair", I corrected myself and almost knocked my chair down. 

"Yes. Well then, have a nice day. I guess", Itazura said quickly and ran away as I looked for my phone like a lunatic. 

Gakko peaked in casually, his hands in his pockets as if he were a teen on a playground. 

"Watcha doin'?" he said and smiled lazily. 

"Fuck! I forgot about my date... tomorrow is the fair!" I yelled nervously. 

"You mean, you forgot about the fair", he chuckled. "No big deal. Ask him to come to the fair! That way you can sell the sweets and be on your date. Why did you arrange a date at 5 p.m. anyway?" he added and sat down in one of the benches. 

"We were to watch a film and... I have to sell sweets now?!" I yelped.

What the fuck?

"Not now. Ever since the teachers' meeting when you volunteered", Gakko said and yawned. 

I smiled a bit when I saw him. He was like an oversized child.

"'kay, I'm off home. I need hella sleep if I want to be able to put up with the fair tomorrow", he said and gave me a friendly tap on the head and waved. 

I sighed and crashed down into my chair. Everything I did seemed to be a failure. Compared to others, my teaching methods were bad and my students turned out to be savages. Mei has her own company, Gakko doesn't give a shit about anything, Moji is married - and somehow still in love after 4 months of marriage. I was still stuck where I started. 'You're only 22, there is time'. Mei had her company a year ago already. I didn't want to admit it, but deep down inside I knew - having been stuck in my past the entire time, I forgot about the present. I longed for my parents. I tried forgetting, I really did, but I couldn't. And Izuku... well, to be frank, it seemed way too good to be true. How could I guy like him want to be with me? This fucked up person? Heh, no way. I told myself and others I left it all behind. But I didn't. Not really. On the surface, perhaps. But in the depths... no. 

I turned to face the window. It was the end of the day, and I could see those little dust sprinkles glimmer in the setting sun's rays. My gaze trailed off to my reflection in the window and I instantly became nervous as I met my own eyes. It always creeps me out... to think that someday I may find them soulless. I obviously had no other choice than to call Izuku. My mind wondered off to some time limit for how long he would deal with my fuck up-s and mistakes and me being a complete klutz. 

I called him gulped each time there was a pause between the beep-beep-s. The automat told me he is unavailable and I actually sighed in relief. I slammed the phone back on the desk and tended to my students' exam again. Moji popped by a few times to see how I am doing (Gakko obviously ranted to her) but left when she saw my tired look which indicated I am not in the mood to talk about anything. As the time went by, the halls went silent and I even had to turn the lights on in the room. I hated to grade the papers at home so that I wouldn't misplace them somehow and make just another mess in my life. 

By the time I was done, it was a real night already and I was dead-tired. I starting packing up my things and put the exams in the drawers carefully. I remember well what a mess it was when Gakko lost some of his papers - the Principle almost fired him. I locked the classroom up and gave the keys to our porter. 

"Overworking yourself won't help", Moji sunk out from the shadows, almost giving me a heart-attack.

"Why didn't he call me back?" I ignored her statement. 

"He's a hero. You can't expect him to sit by the phone all day", she said and caught my hand as we walked away. 

"Can you help me unpack? I'm tired of all the boxes lying around", I said quietly. 

"Sure", she smiled. 

We went to my flat in silence. I was nervous about what I could've done to upset Izuku. I turned the lights on and rinsed my face quickly. I heard Moji rumble around the flat and boxes. Having scoffed a few times at myself and the fact that I am an utter paranoid, I devoted myself to forgetting Izuku and focusing on the piles of boxes ahead of me.