XVII.

"Home sweet home, right?" Izuku announced as he kissed me quickly and shut the door behind the last box he brought in. 

"Yeah", I sighed. 

The modern interior around me, featuring many Mei's inventions was well-known to me but still felt so unfamiliar and... distant. All the white around me was almost blinding to my eyes still adjusted to the dark outside. Smells of something that smelled like cheeseburgers surrounded me as soon as I stepped in. All the emotions and the senses which popped up made me dizzy and I caught on to Izuku clumsily. He looked at me confusedly but I just showed him not to mind it and walked away. I shut myself into the bathroom quietly and leaned onto the sink. 

My breath was short and clumsy. I had no idea why I was panicking. My life was like on ocean. I was getting drowned by the tide so long I forgot what sun feels like. 

And now I'm burning. 

But wasn't this what I wanted? Yes. I love Izuku. I adore him. My eyes suddenly teared and I looked into the mirror, shaking. The reflection looked at me. A pair of scared eyes was staring into mine. The irises looked as if they've seen a proper ghost. I looked as if I've seen a ghost. The marble under my hands was freezing and I moved away, wiping my teary cheeks and neck. It wasn't the fact I was moving in with Izuku that was killing me. It was the fact I knew I may do something to fuck it up. 

"Alex? Are you all right?" Izuku's voice reached to me. 

It was as if someone turned the lights on. I snapped away from my thoughts and quickly said: "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming."

As I heard him leave I exhaled in relief. It just must be every man's dream for their girlfriend to freak out over moving in with them, right? 

I looked at myself in the mirror once more before rubbing my cheeks and eyes once more and with a weak sniffle I crept out. He was waiting for me, still in the - I may just as well call it a lobby - with boxes in his hands and with an innocent smile on his gentle lips. I sighed and put my hands on my hips, my eyes scrolling over the boxes ahead of me to unpack. 

"I'll be back in a sec", he said and walked away into the kitchen (which was bigger than our gym at school, by the way). As I was alone I slapped myself angrily. Tears were in my eyes again, but this time of anger. I was mad at myself. The constant quarrel between me and the person in my soul, the person in the mirror has ended. I had such an amazing boyfriend, who wasn't just that - but also my best friend. And that is a fucking rarity! And there I was, whining over some past troubles I didn't actually even give a shit for. But I had to make a drama in my head. Instead of living here and now, I was in some parallel universe where I was a victim. 

Be ashamed of yourself, Alex. 

"A-are you okay?" Izuku's voice said as I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

Izuku's POV

My hand was on Alex's little shoulder. The happiness inside me was blooming in and out. The perfect girl - the one - was with me. Moving in with me. What could be better? My life went from the bottom of being a quirkless fanboy to the top of having the perfect girl by my side to protect, plus being a hero. 

What is... Alex? 

She fell to her knees, shaking in my hands. I widened my eyes in panic. She squeezed hands and clenched her teeth. I was just confused. Nothing else. 

She sobbed quietly as I held her in a hug. We were on the floor, in a jungle of messy boxes and questions appearing inside of our heads. At least in mine. I played with a strand of hair, releasing it from her grip as she twisted it. As a person who cried a billion times for absolutely no reason, I knew the best thing to do now was to hold her. Until she decides she is okay. I'm not the one to determine that.