XXXIII.

A/N: I just want to point out that Twice and Alex are not in a romantical relationship!!! I'm not into writing about such relationships (age gap!), it's like making a Present Mic + Jirou ship! So no, if you haven't figured it out yet, Twice only reminds Alex of her dad, nothing else!

It was really hard to believe my eyes. Even though I know I've mentioned sensing some good in Twice, the fact he just did what he did was... extreme. 

"They will figure out I gave my blood. You have to get out of here before that happens", Twice spoke up all of a sudden.

"How?" I asked.

"Toga's quirk allows her to shift into the person whose blood she drank. Hopefully she'll take the first bottle first, but in the end she'll turn into me. That's why you have to get out before that happens."

"I... that means I'm dooming you as well..."

"It's not okay! It's okay!"

I looked at him as he rubbed his forehead through his mask.

"It's fine. I deserve it. Now I'm beginning to see what I have been doing all along", he muttered. 

"No, you don't! This proves you are a good man, Twice. I will help you get out too", I said.

I didn't know how, but hearing him say it was like feeling my father slipping out of my life all over again.

Izuku's POV

"And this Chito is a friend of yours?" Chifu said with a raised eyebrow. 

"No" I shot out recklessly, "he is just an acquaintance."

"I see. Where did you meet?"

"Hero companies... you know... society", I muttered.

"And just why should I hire him? Do you know how important the Commission is?"

The thing is, for honest and honorable people, it's very hard to fight for something you deeply disagree with. Although I had to make sure he gets into the Commission if I wanted to live on somewhat happily, I knew it's for the worst. And from that moment on, when something goes wrong (as it would), I had to play on. Pretend I didn't know about him being with the League. 

"He is a very professional person and I am sure he will work hard for the Commission", I spoke up.

"So he has the sincere recommendations from the one and only Deku? Why, that's as if they were coming from All Might", Chifu replied with an ironical chuckle. 

"Laugh all you want, I say he is the perfect guy for this position", I squeezed out. 

"I have to reconsider my decisions with the remaining members of the Hero Commission", Chifu said with a sigh. "Thank you. You may leave now. I'll contact both you and this Chito after the decision is made."

I bowed and left her office with a nod to her secretary. As I left the building, the loud traffic burst my ears. The office building I was in was as silent as a graveyard and the street was bustling with cars, buses, trams and people yelling in their phones. A person who passed by way yelling at someone and then suddenly went silent with surprise as he saw me. I waved dumbly and quickly walked away. I turned back and saw he was back to yelling on the phone. As many people as there were on the street, was twice as much my thoughts. 

I turned a few corners, getting to a little café I went to once I met with Hawks. It was pretty quiet and only the members of the hero society used to go there, mostly under a disguise. I waved to the waiter and he nodded. I muttered something about ordering an ice coffee and went to the bathroom. As I shut the doors, I punched the wall angrily. My hands trembled and I was really sick of all the lies I told and all the games Dabi made me play, I was sick of being the LOV's puppet and most of all I was sick of being Deku. Because if I weren't a hero, Alex never would've been kidnapped and I probably wouldn't feel as bad as I do now about the whole thing.