VII. (Btw happy Earth Day)

Alex's POV

I just stood there in pure shock. I can't even imagine how stupid my face must've looked. What was this? A joke? A lie? The truth? I watched him as he drove off quickly, almost crashing his car into a little wall nearby. All I could do was roll my irises around, perfunctorily glancing at the building in front of me. I did hear someone calling me, but it seemed so distant I basically ignored it. I was woken up from my petrification by someone shaking my shoulders vigorously. 

"Yo, girl! What's going on? I saw Midoriya's car. Hm, how did that happen?" Mei asked me, looking assuredly innocent. 

"I'm...wonderful?" I stuttered out, moving my legs and arms for the first time in about 15 minutes. 

I looked at Mei completely dumbfounded and then she burst into laughter. She practically fell to the ground, tears running down her face in laughter. I smiled stupidly, much like those nonintelligent characters from cartoons. Was it an unskillful confession or a stupidly put...uh...something? 

"He sure fucked up, didn't he? He finally finds a nice girl and then annihilates her the second time he sees her", Mei said, trying not to choke and catch her breath. 

"Not in the mood for complicated words right now..." I muttered and passed by her, still on the floor. 

With a lovely 'Fuck' I tripped over her doorstep and somehow made it to the couch. I felt like falling into slow-motion world where Deku's words kept on overlapping and rehashing themselves. I mean, I meet this hero and then he takes me out or something, next thing I know he tells me he likes me and that I am wonderful? 

Thank God he isn't Ted Mosby to go with the 'I love you' part right away.

Mei came in and I can't even imagine how funny my face must've been because she began laughing hectically again. She sat down next to me and petted my head as if I were some dog or a horse. Not that I'd mind, though. I'd be spared of all the shit that's going on in my life every day. She silenced down and both of us stared at the TV which shut itself down (another one of Mei's improvements, I guess). 

"Why don't you simply ask him out to go see a film or something?" Mei broke the silence. 

I think that was when all the informations finally got soaked into my brain cells properly. It sure took its time! 

"Ask him to go see a film?! Simply?! Those two things don't go together, Mei! I can't even ask a normal guy out, let alone Deku!" I yelled at, causing her to look at me in surprise. 

"What the fuck am I even doing here, I have a jaunt with those little demons tomorrow..." I muttered and began packing my stuff in an unorganized manner. 

"Hey, hey... little demons can wait. Your love life can't, honey!" Mei grinned. 

"Sounds so desperate. What, you think I need a man? What is this, 17th century?" I snapped at her.

"Easy..." she whistled.

"You make it sound like I'll forever be a spinster and get eaten up by a cat at the age of 90. Did you know women at the age of 25 are considered old maids in Kenia?" I got up and accidentally dropped everything in my bag onto the floor.

"Pity", was all Mei said, pressing a remote and a robot came to pick my stuff up. 

"Mhm. So no, my job is my life. That means Deku can wait", I said slowly as the robot gave me my bag.

Mei showed the light switch to the robot and it went and flicked it on. I stared at her in amusement for a moment and then sat down defeatedly. It was like admitting a debacle and she accepted it gladly.