VI.

Deku's POV

Alex's sweet laughter filled the fresh air in the park. She laughed at the anecdotes I told her about the times while I was still in high school. Her laughter was so melodic and lively I had to laugh over and over again. 

"Does it still hurt?" she suddenly asked me seriously. 

"What...?" I said dumbly. 

"Your forehead. I mean it never continued hurting after I healed something before..." she replied.

Then I noticed I was unconsciously rubbing my forehead. It healed perfectly, but her touch was still on my skin and I could not shake that feeling off. An idea I was ashamed of popped in my head. 

"Actually, a bit. Yeah..." I lied, turning around and feeling as if someone poured boiling water over my face and ears. 

She muttered something and gently turned me to face her. She narrowed her eyes and climbed onto her toes. Every single thing she did was so adorable it took all of my self-control not to shriek like some little animal. She tapped her little finger over my forehead a few times and then kept on muttering something to herself - much like I use to do. Looking into her eyes, I noticed how special they were. Sea green, with some little yellow sparkles which reminded me of the star chains hanging just above us. Her brown hair practically touched my face a few times after the wind blew. I saw a blue light again and shut my eyes quickly. In the second I held them shut she stepped away. 

"Is it ok now?" she asked in a worried manner. 

"Yes. Thanks so much", I said, ashamed of myself for wanting more of her touch. 

She spun around and continued walking down a part of dry grass in front of us. I followed her in silence. I had more to tell her, but this strange feeling inside of my chest ordered me to just shut up and admire her beauty. And I did. She suddenly turned around, causing me to almost trip over in an attempt not to crash right into her. 

"Why are we really here?" she asked quietly, her big eyes widening even more. 

"Does there really have to be a reason?", I asked and continued after seeing her nod ,"Dunno. I guess I just wanted some company", I lied. 

Yes, Alex, I want your company. All the time. Wait, what...?

I wrinkled my eyebrows in confusion after my own thoughts and then looked back at her. She smiled, but in a weird way. I think both her and I knew there were still some untold and unrefined things between us. The only problem was, I didn't know how to form them concretely and - she seemed to be thinking of something else. She nodded once again, deep in her thoughts, and began walking slowly. She was obviously the overthinker type of people. 

I chuckled to myself at her thoughtful expression and shoved my hands in my pockets. I wanted to tell her how cute and kind and smart and... well, hot, she is, but I couldn't find the right words. I understood that, at that moment, I was leading her on the wrong path, but I had to. I decided that the moment I'm going to admit it will be the perfect moment. I'm not the type of guy who just comes to some girl in the bar and asks her to go for a drink. 

Alex unconsciously pulled her fingers over the green bushes. Even though the spring was already well developed, the air at this times of the night was a bit chilly. We stopped at a big sward and I sat down onto the grass and looked up. She did the same. The silence was weird, something I've never experienced before. I looked down. Our hands were mere centimeters apart. If only I had the courage to move my hand a little closer to hers... 

But I didn't. I huffed in annoyance of myself and looked at her instead. Her eyes reflected all the little universe light bulbs above us. 

What is she thinking about?