XVI.

4 months later

"I can't believe I unpacked all of these boxes just to have to pack them up again" I groaned and kicked one of the boxes with my foot. "Why am I the one to move anyway?" I added.

"Because Midoriya lives in a fucking villa", Mei hummed as she generously threw a box into my hands. 

"I never liked big houses anyway", I muttered and put the box down, sitting next to it.

"And I thought people like getting into the next phase of the relationship", Moji chuckled.

"Get over yourself, Al", Gakko peaked in from the kitchen. 

I rolled my eyes. I hated any changes. I hated the fact I pretty much didn't know what will happen in the future. But most of all I hated the fact I had no idea if I'll end up hurt after being with Izuku or not. Some say that's where the magic lies. Well, not to me. The second country I've moved to and the fourth place. 

Frankly, the last four months have been hectic. The only thing I could conclude in all the hubbub or, rather, commotion, caused by the photos of me and Izuku was that people are rotten. There were those who just couldn't stand the fact he's dating someone (completely crazy, obsessed, fangirls), those who attacked me (parents at the school and coworkers) and those who blamed Izuku for dating a 'simple meaningless teacher' (mostly everyone, really). The worst ones were the ones which called me a gold digger. I could never! Ochako Uraraka, Izuku's friend, is really nice and it seems she's the only one who really accepted me into his little friend group. 

There is a number of times I cried my eyes out because of the things people have been saying. I am just not one of those who can ignore other people and their comments. Through all of that, I did my best trying to hide it from Izuku. I had to burry it down on the inside and then vent out with Mei once a week in the gym. But, hey, at least I lost 5 pounds! 

I kind of felt alone. Mei doesn't give a shit about other opinions but hers, Gakko doesn't care for anything, Moji only cares about her darling husband (who is the most boring person I've ever seen, met or heard of, I swear to God) and Izuku is used to it. I've been bullied in high school (pretty much like anyone) but never even thought of such things. I'm not even the type to be dramatic, but this - is like hell on Earth. 

But when I sit down at night and stare off into the silence, I realize it's wort it. Every tear I've dropped is being multiplied by a zillion of how much love I've both given and received. Izuku's hug is like no others. His laughter is like Little Prince's. His kiss is soft and gentle and comforting. His words are heavenly. All together, it's divinity. 

So even if I was grumbling on the outside, on the inside I loved it. The empty flat reminded me of a lost space, but also of millions of possibilities. It was like doors were opening for me. All of a sudden. I mean, even the way Izuku asked me to move in was adorable. 

He gave me a drawing he made when he was a child. It showed a big house (coloured in All Might colours, but okay). He said that he'd be more than happy to add us to the drawing. My brain took its time to process what he said, but eventually I did. And squealed a 'yes', of course. We were both really happy. 

I didn't spend so much time in the apartment anyway. I think Mei was here more often than I was. 

"Oi, Duchess of Daydreaming! Don't just bring us here to do the heavy work and then sit down and stare off into nowhere!" Gakko yelled as he waved his glasses in front of me. 

"Let her be. She's in Midoriya land now", Mei chuckled and pressed some buttons on a robot which taped the boxes. 

"'course I'll help", I instantly sat up and began folding my clothes into the boxes. 

"I think now is the good time to give us back or clothes", Moji chuckled as she pointed at a blue shirt. 

"I looked for that skirt for a million years!" Mei squealed. 

"Yeah, dig in", I laughed. 

"The fuck? That's my scarf", Gakko said.

"Whoopsie", I muttered and left the room to avoid further fights which were sure to escalate if I didn't run away. 

I hid into the little room which was something between my study and the storage (mostly because my lazy ass wouldn't clean up). It was awkward to enter it and see it empty and tidy. Usually I'd have figurines all over the surfaces, some fabrics on the floor and - anything else that seemed to be fit to be removed. Something shimmered in the corner of the room and I frowned. Now and again, I missed something. I crouched and took it, dusting it off and removing some spider web. It was... something. Something like a little crystal, giving off some silver glow. Tiny little something. I never saw it before. 

Although... I had been swamping this place with anything. It could've fallen off from something else. 

I decided to keep it. What could happen, right? Yeah... 

I thought of making a necklace from it since it looked really pretty, especially when I brought it out into the sunlight. I hummed happily as I put in my bag, deciding to tend to it later.

"Watcha got there?" Gakko questioned, appearing with his scarf around his neck. 

"It's the middle of the summer... whatever. I dunno, I just found it. Eh, I'll do something with it tomorrow or when I have time", I shrugged my shoulder, dusting my clothes off. 

"So never", he chuckled. 

I had a perfect little witty reply. But Mei's shouts interrupted me. 

"Alex! For you!" she yelled. 

"You don't have to yell. It's not like I'm on the Moon", I mumbled as I zipped my bag and walked out. 

"She does have her head in the clouds though", Mei winked.

"Hey", I cooed as I saw Izuku standing at the door. 

"Wow. What a mood change", Moji laughed from somewhere behind me. 

I clung onto his neck and kissed him. He smiled and patted my head gently. 

"Came to deliver the boxes. To your new castle, m'lady", he giggled and kissed my nose.
(A/N: I'm literally rolling on the floor because I'm laughing at this lmao. Yikes, imma suck in relationships XD)

"Why, thank you", I replied before shoving boxes into his hands. "Be careful with that one, it has some pottery in it. Pl-Please, heh", I added quickly.

He smiled weakly and walked off. I kind of pitied him, I do live on the sixth floor after all. 

Eh, he's the new All Might. 

"We're off then. Have a nice night, darling", Mei said from the exit.

"Talk to you tomorrow!" Moji added and Gakko just waved a goodbye. 

I sighed deeply. 

Here we go. The end was ended. And now the beginning has begun. The only thing I can say is... If one wants to have some light, one has to stop blowing out the candle. 

That's what I did up until now. I constantly blew out my candle of happiness. Whenever something good popped up, I just declined it right away. It was about time to stop doing it. To live in the moment, but for the future. To live with Izuku, but for myself. He loves me. I love him. We are both givers so we both get what we deserve. And I have and deserve a chance to be as happy as I am now. It was time to shut the door to all the anxiousness and let myself breathe. Let myself live. At once. 

But I should've known I made friends with trouble. And once you befriend it, there is no going back to living without it. And I did something even worse - in an attempt to tame it, I accepted it completely.