X.

"You need something to... point you out of the mass", Mei murmured to herself as she dug through my wardrobe. 

I rolled my eyes but ignored her because she can't be stopped. Two hours before my date I was dead tired because of the kids almost blowing up the gym at school today. Literally the only thought that kept me going was the fact I'll see Izuku. Universe, once again, made sure that my day drains each and every one bit of energy I had. 

"Here! This is perfect!" Mei suddenly yelped, throwing a red mini dress at me. 

"Mei. I don't own this", I said with a straight-face-grimace. 

"Fuck. I thought you wouldn't notice since you're so weary and everything", she muttered. "But you are wearing that tonight", she added quickly. 

"No. This isn't me", I replied, "Plus, I don't even know exactly what decent things I have since half of the shit I have is still in the boxes", I whined.

"Well simply put it out of the boxes", Mei said slowly. 

I don't have the nerves. Or time. 

"Yes, mum", I joked and got up, "but keep in mind I do have a date in one and a half hours."

"You know what I meant! Now get your ass together, put the dress on, do you hair, and get out of here. Ooh, and makeup! Leave that to me!" she giggled maniacally. 

"Mei, I don't want to look like a..." I started but she cut me off. 

"Enough. You can't look like one since you barely have and makeup", she groaned. 

I silently sat as she flied around me, waving the eye-markers, and mascaras and what-not. As I saw my watch tick I felt anxiousness and nervousness eat me up slowly. I swallowed thickly as I saw only one hour was left and exhaled shakily. Mei laughed, clearly noticing what is up with me. She waved her finger in front of my nose and chuckled. 

"Being nervous is a no-no", she said. 

I looked at her and then back to my watch. 55 minutes left. I felt Mei turn the chair and I saw my face in the mirror. For some reason, I hated looking into my own eyes. I looked away and muttered a 'Awesome' heavily. I picked up the dress and observed it for a moment. 

"Yeah, I can't wear this", I said and went to my wardrobe, which really was in its war phase. 

Mei shut the door in front of my face and silently put the dress back into my hands with a reassuring smile. I threw my head back and quickly changed. It was... something I'd never usually wear since I always sort of feared of people looking at me. And this just may turn heads. The sleeves were somewhere in between long and short. It had an orange line on the waist and around the end of the sleeves. I looked at the watch and shrieked as I saw I only have half of an hour left. My panic level was well beyond normal and I didn't even notice I put on some heels Mei tossed me. 

"Leave your hair like that", she said and let my hair fall over my shoulders. 

I looked into the mirror in terror. I could feel my braincells go into panic just as much as rest of me - so, basically, cancel out their work. Someone whistled. I turned around in panic, thinking it's Izuku seeing all the mess in my apartment. Luckily, it wasn't. 

"Looking good", Gakko smiled.

"The two of us will watch a movie while you go out", Mei chirped. 

I nodded and sat down. My room was shrinking just like the other time I talked to Izuku over the phone. The floor began melting and all of the boxes somehow got swallowed up in a hurricane. Which was fortunately in my head only. 

"Girl, we're off, you've got 10 minutes to get yourself together", Mei said and quickly ran out not to hear my scream. 

I stood up and walked in panic. I felt like a lion in a cage. What if I were to do something rude or stupid? How do I even behave? I haven't been on a date for about half a year, and on a proper date... well, never. The longest I ever had a boyfriend was a bit more than a month. I put my hand up and down in attempts not to bite my nails and twisted my hair instead. Every time I walked pass a box which was supposed to serve as a nightstand, I saw the numbers on my alarm change. The 5 and 9 turned into zeroes, and the 7 turned into an 8. 

Eight o' clock. 

I just stood there, completely frozen, my irises being the only part of me moving. They looked around the room as I held my breath. Silence. I could practically hear my watch tick silently. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The feared hour has arrived and nothing happened. I'm alive. My heart is going off full speed, but other than that I am fine. The walls were now appropriately distanced from me as well. I straightened up and with a hum walked to my balcony. Taking a deep breath and gathering my courage, I peaked over. The parking lot was empty. The whole street seemed empty. And oddly quiet. I stood there for a while and then went in to take a cigarette. I dropped it out of my mouth when I saw my phone. It was blown up with texts and calls from Izuku. 

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!!!" I yelled and hectically called him back.

"Alex! Are you all right?" he said as soon as he picked up. 

"Yeah, I just... didn't see the time, woah!" I yelped when I saw it was 25 past 8. 

"It's fine. But um... where do you live? I-I forgot to ask, so... yeah", he stuttered out in such a cute manner. 

"Oh, just let me think", I said, instantly realizing how stupid I sounded. 

Who the fuck can't remember their own street they live in?!

"Oh, uh, Midnight Street number 47", I finally stuttered out.

"Thanks! I'm coming. See you!" he said and I hung up. 

I gathered my things insanely and basically flied down the stairs, only to go back twice to lock each lock separately.

Can't let him see my messy apartment!

I went out of the building and ran my hand through my hair. I prayed to God my makeup didn't get all fuzzy and muddy and all the other things that go wrong at the exact moment when you need it to be in order. With every car which passed by my heart paused and then went on with its disorderly beating.

And then I saw his car. I also saw the spiky line which represented the activity of my heart go straight as fuck. He stopped and got out of the car. He smiled shyly and walked towards me as I stayed put like some little spoiled brat. He speechlessly reached out with his hand and gave me a red rose. He blushed and I think that my face, dress, and the rose made an identic trio. 

"H-hi", I blurted out. 

"You look... incredible. Indescribable. You are magical. Now a-and always, that is", he said and turned away.

I smiled, as if I were under a spell and said quietly: "You look amazing as well."

"Thanks. Uhm, shall we? Do you like parks? I was thinking of a one that is not so far away. If you don't, that's ok, we can just go the the restaurant. Or we could do both, I wouldn't mind", he muttered and I laughed lightly. 

"Anywhere where you are is perfect", I squeezed out courageously. 

He gave me one of the most enchanting and beautiful smiles I ever saw in my entire life.