XLIV.

Izuku's POV

It's been about five months since Alex and I were again happily reunited. I've also been back at my hero position, working hard as ever. A lot of my colleagues received a number of points after the LOV capture and a lot were promoted. Alex and I sold the previous house after some thinking. We realized it only brought us troubles, that it was way to big for our habits and just the two of us. We picked a smaller house in one of the quieter neighborhoods. It was just what we needed; enough space inside and a great garden outside. We gardened a lot, managing to even grow our own vegetables and fruits. 

Both Alex and I have changed. We appreciate the little things, the time, much more. She was absolutely insanely happy to get back to her job and I - well, you can imagine. With the League locked up, the crime rate in Japan is smaller than ever. Occasional gangs and a few robberies are the peak. Hawks has decided to let go of his prejudices as well. Seeing how happy Alex and I were, he found a girlfriend as well. They've been dating for about three months now. Uraraka has also started dating; no other person than Kacchan. He has apologized for his bad behavior towards Alex and ever since he is dating, he's a whole other person. Kaminari is still Kaminari; the flirty life of the party. In the meanwhile, Todoroki has gotten married. Gakko and Hatsume are very happy together and Moji will in a few months have a girl. Many agencies have been united; Kirishima's and Momo's, for instance. 

I've visited Dabi and Shigaraki in the prison a few times. They've tried to escape, but it's impossible. They are going on trial soon enough and I believe they'll stay in prison until they die. 

***

Our beautiful Christmas three lit up out cozy living room. The little lamps were shining like little stars. A star was sparkling on top, almost reaching the ceiling. The fireplace was also casting its own magic, contouring the sofa with a dimmed light. The moon was full and looked as if it is peeking into our room.

"I think it's done!" Alex sighed happily, swinging her hair which grew back to her previous length.

"Yes", I answered, dreamily staring at the decorations. 

"Deku! The. Ball. Now!" Hatsume whispered, kicking me from under the table.

I slapped my forehead in panic. Gakko grinned at me and then casually whistled his way to the tree. He pointed at something through the window and while Alex was trying to figure out what is he showing, he quickly removed a decoration from a branch. 

"Now you have some place too!" he smiled at me, throwing the little Santa away.

I shook my head. It's like I just then realized what I was about to do for the first time, as if I weren't thinking of it for months. Alex stuck her tongue out at Gakko and carefully placed the red candles on our windowsills. I quickly took out a little bag and grabbed a decoration ball for the tree (but it was very special). Its surface was sea-green like Alex's eyes and it was covered with little crystals on the top of it where it turned out a little pointy. I gave it to Uraraka. She looked at me with an excited and sincerely happy smile and then touched it as her fingers glew up a bit. Kacchan stared at me intensely as I called for Alex.

"Heythereisanemptyplacesoputthisthere", I spat out.

"What?" Alex said, bursting into laughter.

"T-there isn't a decoration...see, there... so, just, put this. There, heh", I repeated and gave her the ball.

"Ooh, it's pretty! I like it", she took it with a smile.

Uraraka winked and connected her palms. She put them apart and we heard a loud crash and glass breaking.

"Oh no!" Hatsume faked dramatically. 

"What on Earth?!" Kacchan added.

Moji and Gakko simply gasped and Todoroki and his wife were silently snickering to themselves. 

"Oh my holy Jesus!" Alex covered her mouth.

"Oh dear", I chuckled nervously.

"I am so, so, so sorry, it just went off by itself, I... what the hell...?" she gasped while picking up the glass shards. 

She was staring at her hand and then slowly turned around. I kneeled down as soon as Uraraka hopped away. Alex stared at me, holding an engagement ring in her hand. I asked Uraraka to make the ball fall in which I've put the ring and now I wanted to propose. Her pretty eyes were glancing from the ring to me to our guests. 

"Could you just... give me the ring?" I smiled.

She gave it to me speechlessly and I took it as a good sign.

"Alex Davies... my life is impossible without you. You are my sun and my Sirius; both the star which is shining the brightest and the star I simply need in my life every single moment. You have made me realize what hope, dreams and love are. What life is. It is something I want to spend with you. W-will you marry me?" I gave her the ring.

I had a different speech but this hopefully works. I mean, my mind went blank!

Silence was filling out the room entirely. 

"And you ask! Of course I will!" she yelped, throwing herself into my arms with axcitement.

I laughed in relief and put the ring on her finger. It suited her perfectly. As I felt I was about to cry, I turned around. Another waterfall was on its way as Alex kissed me gently.

"I love you, Izuku Midoriya", she whispered.

I began sobbing and everyone in the room yelled at once: "Don't cry again, Deku!"

Alex's POV

After the dinner we had with our friends, everyone went home. Izuku was waiting for me in the garden. As I wrapped myself in a warm blanket, I hugged him and we just stared at the stars quietly. They were majestic. The moon was practically orange and so big. There is almost nothing as special as a beautiful night.

"Are you happy?" Izuku suddenly whispered into my ear.

"More than I ever thought I'd be, sweetie. I love you so much", I replied.

"I love you too", he chuckled and kissed me.

His green hair was tickling my cheek and his eyes looked like all the stars have poured their light in them.

Our story is now complete. We have everything we wanted.

A life with no regrets.