IV.

Alex's POV

I watched as the sun went down slowly. It was pouring its dark orange rays into the little river which has flown a little further away from my building. The clouds have teared their cotton into a million bits and now just floated above me. They seemed so close...

"There you are! I told you you'd love the balcony, didn't I?" Mei's voice reached to me. 

"I'm not talking to you", I said calmly. 

"Oh come one! It was a little joke. He deals with fans every day! Do you really think you were the first one to panic?" she said and sat next to me, onto one of the boxes. 

I was still too lazy to unpack them. They were better chairs when they were full anyway. 

"I don't care about others. I made a fool of myself... Anyways, it doesn't matter, does it? It's not like I'll see him again or something", I sighed. 

"Unless..." Mei grinned. 

"No", I sad simply.

My hand reached out for my cigarettes as I nervously put one out. Mei scoffed. I ignored her and lit it after a few attempts. Silver smoke roamed around us before lifting up to join the clouds. Mei ran a hand through her pink hair which somehow melted into the exact same coloured sky. 

"So, we're good?" she asked with a tiny smile. 

I nodded. "Yeah", I replied. 

What else could I do? Experiments, wilderness and surprises are in the same pack with Mei. And she herself was too lovely to miss out on. Even if we do quarrel, we always forgive and forget the same day. And meeting Deku was something miraculous that happens once in your life. So why make a bigger fuss than it actually is? I heard her explain something to me, but I completely spaced out. My brain was stuck in time and space, still in the classroom. It was odd, as if I could not tear myself away from that moment, like I was linked to it. In any case, something I've never experienced before. 

"Alex!" Mei yelled into my ear. 

I watched my cigarette crumble on the floor. "Were you calling me?" I said with an innocent chuckle. 

"I said - I made you a handy little gadget on break today. It'll help you unpack", she shouted and tossed me a little robot which reminded me of a crab. 

Raising one eyebrow, I put it onto the floor as she signaled me. It instantly moved its tiny legs and cut open one of the boxes, removing the extra papers and things it somehow knew I didn't need. 

If only something would be able to clean up my entire life like that. 

Deku's POV

"On you left, on your left!" Kaminari yelled, pressing the buttons both on both of our joysticks. 

"Are you all right, Deku? You seem off today", Uraraka's face floated above me. 

I coughed apologetically as the game-is-over sounds played and Kaminari narrowed his eyes at me. 

"I'm fine, I'm just a bit sleepy today", I said and got up to stand by the window. 

"Uh-huh, the teacher must've sang him a lullaby", Kacchan growled behind me. 

I stuck my head out in embarrassment and pretended not to hear the sounds all of them were making at once. How would I be able to explain something this complexed to them, if I haven't cleared it out for myself? I looked up into the dark blue sky. The sun hid completely. 

Is she looking at the sky now as well? Is she wondering if I am?

Those sea-green eyes simply haunted me. They were everywhere, if I closed or opened my eyes. I didn't even get a good look at them. But the colour, so beautiful, was all around me. It was within me. 

"Ribbit! So Midoriya is in love?" Tsu said. 

Everyone was silent. I am pretty sure a decent tomato wouldn't be embarrassed of my skin colour at that moment. Kacchan was the first one to ease it up. He burst into laughter, almost knocking a vase over, and earning a dangerous hiss from Jirou doing that. 

"Am I?" I muttered and silently sat back, squeezing my lips. 

Uraraka smiled with a reassuring smile. "Finally! Now that is manly!" Kirishima clapped his hands. 

Everyone seemed to know more about my own feeling than I did myself. It was annoying, even though they only wanted the best. It was as if they were making me feel something I wasn't sure of. Calling yourself in love? It's not that simple. It is a challenge, an almost life changing decision. Funny, you can't really decide to be in love, though... it just happens. Did it happen to me? 

As it's said, there's only one way to find out. 

I apologized (why do I do it so often?) and took my phone, exiting out onto the staircase. 

"Hatsume? Is um...is Alex there?" I asked quickly, before I could change my mind. 

Mei's excited squealing burst through my ears. Yes, she was there. No, Mei won't let me talk to her. Yes, it will be a surprise. What surprise? 

"Hatsume, that's insane. She'll hate me after doing that. Well, wouldn't you feel uncomfortable?" I frowned over her idea. 

"Fine. Saturday at 8. Got it", I sighed, defeated. 

It's impossible to argue with Mei and win the quarrel. Whoever manages to do that - most certainly has my recommendations for the government. I wasn't sure whether the thing we (well, she) planned out was the best idea. I only knew I really wanted to get to know Alex and Mei knew Alex could use such company. Alex stunned me with her way of acting and her appearance. The bad thing was, I didn't really have anyone to ask for advice on how should I act. There were those who never really fell in love, like Kacchan and Uraraka, and those who constantly fell in and out of love, like Mina and Kaminari. I can only hope that the things I've read are real - that my heart will tell me how to behave and what to do. 

One thing's for sure, if I continue acting like some stupid 15 year-old, I am certainly out of the game even before it has started. What will I look like? Stupid? Haughty? Aloof? That's how I usually turn out when I'm nervous. On the other hand, trying to be myself might be the end of me as well - I am the most awkward person I've ever seen. I already see all of them in there plotting something against me and my date... wait. Date? 

Fuck, I have an actual date. 

A/N: Sorry if it was short and lousy... I literally wrote this at 4 a.m., after 2 hours of studying Biology. And posted it just now because the school is killing me. Seriously, I don't know who has the nerves of steel, us students, or the teachers that put up with our shit 5 days a week XD