VIII.

"Izuku?" I said weakly. 

"Huh? Alex? Alex!" he replied and I could feel him panic - it was good to know I'm not the only one.

I shut my eyes and decided to just blurt out what I feel like blurting out at the moment. 

"I like you too. And I think you're wonderful too. I'm a bit scared of dating you but...whatever. I just hope you don't let me down and I think I should tell you I get bored of people quickly so better be careful. I've never actually felt so attracted to someone so soon after meeting them and that's why I think we should try it..." I blurted out, ready to throw the phone away if he denies me. 

He was silent. Awfully silent. I began to wonder if I've killed him somehow. My hand reached for a strand of my hair and began twisting it hysterically. The night sky seemed terrifying only because I was waiting for an answer. I never confessed this way to anyone. I've dated but never like this. It was embarrassing. I frowned when I heard different voices.

"A-Alex? Yeah, it's Midoriya's friend, Todoroki. He has um... frozen? Anyway, I think he means to say he really likes you too. He'll call you back, once he regains his composure. Hopefully..." a guy said, leaving me open-mouthed. 

I thought he'd be used to hearing he's the best, and the greatest, and that everybody simply loves and adores him...

The guy hung up and I looked around confusedly.

"Did he pass out?" Mei shouted when she saw my confused grimace through the window. 

I shrugged my shoulders and returned to staring at the stars. I don't know how long I've stood there before Mei interrupted me. 

"Hey, your fav scene is up soon", she peaked through the window and came back in. 

I crashed onto the couch and stared at the TV blankly. I saw the things on the screen, but I wasn't watching it. My mind was stuck with what Izuku might be doing. Did he change his mind? The phone rand and I screamed just at the right time when the most dramatic scene took place in the movie. Jumping over Mei, I grabbed the phone in a tiger-like motion, causing Mei to look at me with a frightening face expression. 

"Yes?!" I whined.

"This is Suneater's hero agency, I have an order for Hatsume Mei and I'd like to..." a voice began talking but I hung up sadly. 

"Who was it?" Mei frowned. 

"Suneater's agency", I said.

"Yeah, it's just my job, but who cares? Eh, it's late anyway, I officially don't work at these hours", Mei groaned and crossed her arms, pouting.

I sat down on the floor by the phone. I was biting my nails and twisting my hair nervously. Mei watched the movie and I saw her snicker at some romantic scenes - as always. That's why those cheesy, almost amateur movies, also called lemonades are always strictly forbidden anyway around her; they always include some romantic shitty kiss in the end after crossing a whole parkour of evil stepmothers, lies and alienated families. 

I decided to devote myself to dying people on the screen instead of my dying hope for Izuku's phone call. As the final scenes played, I began crying like every other time and almost drowned a tiny robot which gave me some handkerchiefs. I was to occupied with crying Niagara Waterfalls to notice Mei who compassionately threw the phone into my hands. Forgetting about Izuku and everything else except the beautiful couple with a tragic destiny I answered through tears. 

"Yeah?" I said hoarsely. 

"Al - I didn't make you cry did I? I just had to get myself together I swear, I wanted to call you right away! I like you, don't-don't cry", Izuku said, panic in his voice. 

"No, it's the movie", I said after blinking a few times.

"So, you still want to be my girlfriend?" he said quietly and shyly.

"Yes", I sad numbly - the movie drained all my emotions, comparing our story to theirs - it was nothing. 

"That's amazing! So um... wanna go on a date tomorrow. Oh, no, wait - you've got that school trip. How about Monday? It's the start of the week, I'm not so sure it that is a good idea. Tuesday I have a meeting with Hawks, he want to collaborate on a project. Wednesday? No, wait, Mei usually meets up with her friends on Wednesdays, so that is out of the question. Thursday then? Or if you think it's relaxing it could be Friday...although, that is a long time. Hm..." he muttered half of it and said a half aloud. 

"Monday's fine", I sniffled. 

"I'll pick you up at 8 then. I can't wait. You... you made me really happy, Alex. I hope the same can be said for you. Good night then", he said shyly and I could hear him smile.

I put the phone away hanging up and wiped the tears away from my cheeks. I smile sneaked its way to my lips, his words finally reaching to me.

I'm his girlfriend. 

I was happy. Not because he was famous, but because I really felt a connection. To someone who hasn't felt it, it's indescribable, but those do know - it's a thaumaturgic feeling. It's like being floated away into the clouds and feeling them in your heart. It makes you want to dance and you feel good enough to make the sun start shining again even when it rains. Miraculous indeed. 

"So, he asked you to be his lover?" Mei suddenly said, interrupting my thoughts and wiping the silly grin off my face. 

"'Lover'?" I asked. 

"Yeah. That's another name for boyfriend or girlfriend", Mei said, trying to sound serious. 

"What are we, 17th century vampires?" I laughed and she began laughing with me. "Why did it take him 4 hours to call me though?" I asked her. 

"That's just him. He's... childish and kind of shy. Get used to it, girl", she said and got up, tapping me on the head. 

"Now get the hell out of here to get those 3 hours of sleep before you have to go to attend to your little Satans", she chuckled.

"Fuck! I completely forgot about it! Oh shit..." I yelled and began gathering my stuff in a rush. 

"Or you could simply sleep here. I can borrow you some clothes, we wear the same number. And the bed is big enough for an elephant family. Come on, like good old times. Movie, a good cry, sleepover..." she said, narrowing her eyes at me. 

"Does make more sense than driving over the entire Tokyo", I muttered. 

"You live 5 blocks away, but sure... Great then! I still have your toothbrush here somewhere..." she said as she walked into her bathroom with a bath the size of an Olympic pool. 

"I want your life", I sighed as I jumped on the bed. 

She sat down and brushed her hair slowly. I felt sleep creeping onto my eyelids as I sunk into the mattress. It was so soft and comfy... I shut my eyes and the next second - I was in Izuku's arms and he hugged me tightly. I didn't want to leave his side...ever...he whispered me to sleep, until...

Mei's ear-bursting laughter made me jump three feet into the air. I held my chest in terror as she rolled on the floor, my heart regularly skipping beats. I shook my head as a question, since I couldn't pronounce it because of the shock. 

"'Deku...you're so soft...I don't wanna leave you' oh my God, I can't!" she said between laughter attacks as she continued rolling on the bed. 

I turned around and felt my ears and cheeks, even nose, cover with warmth. I slapped myself and shook my head. That's a bad side of the 'loveliness' of being in love or having a crush. You turn into an utter dummy. I sat down on the bed, trying to look strict to make Mei stop laughing. 

"I've got it. The next time I feel so silly, I'll simply read a creepypasta", I said before bursting into laughter with her. 

I should've known that after all that fun, troubles will be waiting behind a corner. And they did.