IX.

Sun tingled my eyes as I stared through the bus window. With a fatuous smile I looked at the landscapes we were passing by. Even the kids yelling right next to me couldn't stop me from smiling at the thought of going on a date with Izuku. The green bushes almost touched the bus as it sped right next to it. In my head I was planning my outfit and some pick-up lines I probably won't have the courage to say anyway. 

"Miss, Sarada is hurling!" someone yelled into my ear. 

It was nice while it lasted.

I got up, scrunching my nose and somehow made my way to the girl while the bus turned on some serious bends. I should consider being a trapeze artist - my balance skills seemed to rock. A good thing about English being my mother tongue was the fact most of the kids here didn't know any bad words in English - so I could easily slip a few curses and nobody would understand me until I began talking in Japanese again. I queasily wiped the floor and gave the girl some chewing gums for kids. 

"And you - watch your language next time, clear?" I said and pointed at the boy which alerted me of the matter. 

He nodded in a soldier-like manner and I could help but laugh. They could be demons time to time, but I loved them all mostly because I loved my job. I sat back down after I asked the driver when we'll be there. 

"You'll have to put up with the terror for a bit more. More than just a bit, to be frank", he groaned before spraying some air refresher. 

I rolled my eyes at the grumpy man and yelled to everyone to buckle their seat belts and warned Itazura not to hop up and down on his seat. The (almost) pleasant swinging of the bus was making me sleepy and I exhaled in peace. Just as I closed my eyes, I had to jump back up because of the kids yelling 'It's a lake, it's a lake' as if they're seeing it for the first time in their fucking lives. The driver looked at me furiously and I got up, trying to shush them down. 

"Right, whoever makes it to be quiet for the next 30 minutes gets a lollipop when we get there!" I yelled from the top of my lungs and literally felt my hair snatch itself from my bun. 

Instant silence. 

"You shoulda make it an hour or two", the driver groaned as I sat back down on my seat.  

I looked at him and waved a dismissive hand. 

Thank God I brought enough blackmailing material. 

My phone rang  and I answered as soon as I saw Mei's number. 

"Hey, girl. How's it going?" she asked and I heard the familiar tools noise behind her. 

"It's a trial by fire", I sighed. 

She laughed. "At least your clothes are fancy, aren't they?" she said teasingly. 

"Oh yeah", I said, looking down at the sporty outfit which probably had more technology built in than my entire house, "Very fancy", I added.

"Just thought I'd remind you of your date - although I'm sure it's unnecessary", she said after yelling at someone. 

"It is. And it is tomorrow", I chuckled. 

"Gotta shoot, someone's ruining Froppy's gloves. See ya!" she shouted and hung up quickly.  

I smiled to myself and leaned back in my seat. The perfect silence, warm sun and the thought of the day ahead of me filled me with happiness. 

In exactly 36 hours I'll meet with Izuku.

I turned around to check on the students. Most of them actually fell asleep. My luck was unbelievable. The others either looked through the windows or whispered among each other. I smiled once again. Itazura was the only one who sat by himself and I went to him. He just looked at me and showed me a drawing he made. On it were him, Izuku and - me. The title was 'The best day I ever had'. I squeezed my lips not to cry. It was actually really touchy to someone who spends 5 days a week to educate and make these kids better people. I hugged him quietly.