XV.

Deku's POV

"Aren't you gonna answer it? It's Alex", Uraraka asked me as I practically threw my phone away from me.

"I know", I said simply. 

"Troubles in paradise already?" Kacchan snickered and received a whack on the head from Jirou.

I sighed. We were on the lunchbreak in a quiet little restaurant near Todoroki's office. Ironically, he wasn't there. Hawks' words kept on replaying in my head over and over. What did it mean? Did he already face something like that? No-one told me I would basically be banned from having a family if I become a pro! Someone should tell you that before you just leap in! I didn't praise myself to be perfect, but I knew that either way - breaking up or letting it be - I am hurting Alex. 

I like her so much... maybe there is a third option?

"What's going on in your head, Midoriya?" Iida asked. 

I shook my head and faked a smile. Why worry them?

We finished our meals and after realizing Todoroki won't be coming I said I had to go. 

"Look. Deku, what ever it is, don't give up yet. It's just not you", Uraraka smiled compassionately. 

I nodded and walked out to have some peace with my own thoughts. My date with Alex was tomorrow. I had time until tonight to figure things out. If I hadn't figured it out by then... both of us are screwed. I shut myself in my office and dug into paperwork. There was so much to catch on I simply forgot the time. 

Bam.

My head fell onto the desk as I dozed off. I could see the lights in the halls were off from under the doors. I rubbed my eyes and looked at my watch. 

"Fuck!" I yelled. 

It showed it was almost midnight. I smacked myself on the head and sat back down.

"Unworthy... I am unworthy", I whispered.

How can one be a good hero if isn't a good person? Kacchan can be a... a bit mean, but he wouldn't forget something like this. My thoughts trailed off to her, where she possibly was. Falling asleep after she waited for me to return her call? Worried? Getting consoled by that Gakko guy on practically having been dumped? 

I did not dump her! I wont'... I-

It doesn't matter what Hawks said. It can be different for me. Heroes are just people. Being one was my dream, but when you snap away from that frenzy you realize there are more important things. Like love... 

I can't call her... but I can talk to her tomorrow. Face-to-face. Ask her. Ask her if she's ready to live in danger. Haha, it even sounds silly. Right...? 

I called Hatsume. 

"Wass up?" she yelled, trying to be louder that the music coming from all around her. 

Of course she would be partying. It's Friday night. Alex doesn't seem like the type to go out in such clubs she went to, though. 

"Hey, can I talk to you for a quick sec? It's about Alex", I shouted.

"Okie-dokie, just lemme get out of here", she hummed. 

I listened as the music became quieter and quieter until I heard a slam and I guessed she went out. 

"What's going on?" she asked and I sensed a bit of a worry in her tone.

"Hawks has a, um, a philosophy about heroes. He says that we can't date and..." I began explaining.