XX.

I shut my laptop off nervously. Spending 6 hours in front of a screen, with screaming 8-year-olds on the other side was not my ideal beginning of the day. Katsuki had left for work but came back before I ended my classes. This stopped me in my cravings to snoop around - his warning apparently wasn't enough. This was the third day since I haven't seen Izuku and it creeped the fuck out of me. And Mei somehow managed to limit my laptop to fucking Teams use only.

I stretched my arms slowly and cleaned up the desk a bit. I've accepted many facts about my current life, but I could not understand how could Izuku leave me in Katsuki's house when Shoto and Tenya exist? Let alone Ochako and Tsu. But I get thrown in with him. 

I went down the stairs to the living room (where the TV was unplugged, lucky me) and sat down on the sofa. My latest hobby was staring off into nowhere and thinking about the despairs of life. Perfect for being shut in the house with the grumpiest person alive. My eyes wandered around the ceiling for a bit.

"Oi, you're goin' home today. Pack it up", Katsuki suddenly grumbled.

"I'm what?" I screeched, jumping up as if I were on springs. 

He grinned and walked away. 

That means Izuku is all right! 

I was so relieved. It was as if a stone which was pressing on my heart finally fell down. I inhaled quickly. Even that was easier. So there was no reason to worry... I was sure I'd even get a proper explanation of why was all of this happening. Only a person who has really feared for the loved one's life can know how I felt at the moment. It's a palette of emotions between happiness and frustration. Because, when something like this happens to humans, we forget about what really happened and how bad the situation was. Both we and our emotions are fleeting and you don't have to be described as 'moody' to change how you feel instantly. Feeling down can change simply in a notification on your phone. And my notification was the fact I'll finally see Izuku. 

I sprinted up the stairs in a lightning speed and gathered my things into the bag Mei brought. They were all crumpled - but I didn't care. Just as I, literally, threw in my laptop, the doorbell has rang. I straightened up, my heart climbing all the way to my forehead. I even held my breath in order to try and hear what is going on downstairs. Silence. After I heard the doors unlock, nothing. 

Fuck it. 

"Izuku!" I yelled before running down.

"She's been a pain the ass, that's how", I heard Katsuki groan as usually.

I turned the corner and stopped. There he was. Alive and well. Well, his hand was in bandages but that has happened regularly. My eyes tingled as he stared at me. We just stood there as if we see each other for the first time. Maybe we did. Maybe it was the first time we realized just how important we are to each other. 

"Al", he sighed and I ran into his opened arms. "You're safe", he whispered. 

I hugged him and I felt it all go away. Katsuki, his house, the news... everything. All there was - Izuku, his warm and secure hug and me. Yep, you saw it! I realized I matter to myself at least a bit. If I matter to other people enough for them to pull off all this shit, why wouldn't I matter to myself? Some wise person once said: In order to love someone else, we have to love ourselves  first. I never really believed in that, but if so many do, just how wrong can it be? 

"Home?" he asked quietly. 

"Home", I sighed. 

Katsuki muttered something and threw my bag towards Izuku, followed by my phone. I didn't care. He smiled and tried telling Katsuki something but he slammed the doors in front of us. I shrugged my shoulders and pulled him towards the car. I wanted to go home, have a decent shower and fall in a decent sleep without worrying if Izuku is lying dead, dumped in some middle of nowhere. I knew as much about the LOV as anyone else, but I think I somehow sensed they had something to do with Izuku's little 'vacation' in which he decided to let me die from worrying. I didn't care. It was over now.