XXX.

Izuku's POV

I paced through te halls of the Hero Commission building nervously. My steps echoed on the marble. The walls were almost annoyingly white and the light pricked my eyes intensely. I bowed my head and turned the same corner for the twelfth time that day. I waited for the president of the Commission, Ms. Chifu. There have been a few changes in its lineup, and a few presidents have changed. The last one had the reputation of a tough lioness, not willing to compromise. I prayed silently she'd at least hear the number 1 hero out. 

"It doesn't merit a try. Chifu won't give up on her attitude", Hawks told me - not knowing why I wanted to talk and what was behind my intentions to do it. 

I rubbed my gloved hands together as if I was cold and huffed. My nerves were about to break. I've been over my speech a thousand times. I sucked at lying. That is why I was so nervous. Dabi's threats were my motivation; a good one. 

"Deku", a voice called. 

A secretary peaked out of the biggest, black doors. Her bun was messed up, her glasses were tilted on her nose and she looked as if she just saw a ghost. She stepped aside to let me pass through, as I gave her a questioning look. She almost dropped her files in fear as I heard a woman shout from the room linked to the one we were in.  

"And never come back with such an alignment!" the voice yelled. 

The secretary gulped, throwing the files on her desk. 

"She's not in a very good mood today", she said through a shaky, fake smile. 

I caught my head absentmindedly, cursing everything and everyone.

Of course I had to come on such a day. 

I walked through an even bigger door. Black leather chair back was turned towards me, the person facing the window. I felt like I was approaching Dr. No in a James Bond film. I even expected to see a white cat in there. I saw a huge marble desk, not deviating from the walls and the floor. Everything was marble. I guess it is a sign of power nowadays. On the desk were a few papers, set aside to make space for a cheese platter. Some papers were even on the floor, blown away all the way to the black curtains covering some of the massive windows, just as spotlessly clean as the walls in the halls. I frowned, realizing this Chifu woman was no more than a spoiled old lady, who likes to eat fancy meals in her office and yell at her staff.

"Well? You do have a chair, you know", the same voice from before said, only calmer. 

I looked around and then noticed two more leather chairs, minimized versions of hers. 

"Thanks", I muttered. 

She turned around. She had a bob hairstyle, bangs and her hair was as black as coal. She clearly wasn't young but her skin was almost flawlessly white, only a few wrinkles showing as she frowned at me. She wore a grey jacket and a white shirt. As she swiped the bangs off her forehead casually, I saw an engagement ring with an enormous diamond as big as her entire finger. I raised my eyebrows but quickly put myself together and stopped staring. 

"Well?" she repeated. 

"Well...", I chuckled awkwardly. 

"What are you doing here? Don't heroes have more important business than sitting around in armchairs? Do I have to remind you that you have a whole League out there?"

"Th-that's why I'm here, as a matter of fact", I stuttered out, smiling only to reassure myself. 

"Oh yes? Have you located them?"

I gulped.

"No, no, no, why would you think that... I was wondering... How is the Commission doing?"