V.

I tapped my foot nervously, earning a fearful look from a child sitting at a table next to mine. She looked at me, raising her eyebrows. I managed to calm down and smile, waving to her. She waved back, eager to get more attention. As if I didn't already have enough kids at school... she waved again and I faked a laughter at her 'silly' grimaces. 

Fuck off kid, I've had enough of everything. 

I looked away from her into a plastic plant which was supposed to liven up the entire café. I was probably the only one who found it depressing - the fact that it was plastic. I looked at my watch for the tenth time in five minutes. It was a quarter past eight and the last place where I wanted to be on a Saturday evening was in a café, on my own, waiting for Mei to make up her mind to show up. She was usually never late so I began worrying. Did something happen to her? She is quite reckless, it's possible. Having nothing better to do, I looked again at the little girl who was now devouring her ice-cream as if it's her last meal. She looked up to listen to her proud mother encourage her to eat more, but stopped in her tracks. Her widened eyes stared at something behind my back. 

At this point, when people would have such a reaction, I was too scared to even look at the object of surprise. Girly shrieks and screams made me turn around - and have a reaction in no way better than the little girl's. 

Deku. It was Deku. 

Oh, Mei, you are so dead. 

Glancing back at where he was, I quickly got up and snatched my jacket and phone, leaving some money on the table. We came to his café often, so I knew there was a back exit as well. Everyone storming in the opposite direction of me gave me a feeling of being in some weird Hitchcock film. I somehow made it to sneak in and was on my very slow way to the back exit. 

"Alex!" he called me. 

He called me. He called me. I froze. How the flying fuck did he notice me? I crouched and I was nothing but a head in a mass of heads. I heard girls' screams and his voice getting closer to me as he apologized to people, trying to get to me. The savage in me almost took over and I almost ran away. Almost. 

He got to me and somehow shut the café door into the faces of the people and grabbed my hand quickly. I felt warmth spread over my face as my eyes met his wonderful green ones and I once again noticed his freckled face. He smiled dorkily and let go of my hand, turning around and rubbing the back of his head nervously. 

So kawaii! 

"So, um... wanna run out of here? The crowd is... uhm, big", he stuttered out. 

I felt blessed. I swallowed a fangirl scream and just somehow stuttered out something about the back exit - what exactly, even I don't know. He nodded with a grin and walked away slowly, signaling me to come along. I was speechless. Did he ask me to come with him? I showed him silently where the doors were and we came out into an alleyway before anyone caught up with us. We stopped there, both of us looking at our feet. 

"Mei must've tricked you into coming as well, right?" I muttered, fidgeting with my jacket nervously. 

"Actually... I-I asked her to ask you to come here..." he replied, looking up at me. 

My brain could not decipher what the hell he just said. Seriously? I thought for a moment. I am so selfish! If the person behind the mask asked for something like that (without the fact he is a hero) I probably wouldn't even mind for it. But him being a hero made me so flustered and excited. Is everyone like this? And I thought that I am above the prejudices humans are prone to. 

"I am so sorry! I'm such a twat! I shouldn't have done it in such a way! Please forgive me", he said in a rush, snapping me from my thoughts. 

"No! At all! I am flattered!" I shouted, waving my hands in front of his nose.