III.

Alex's POV

A splash of cold water running down my face was like a wake-up call from the dream I was living through today. As I felt my cheeks cool down I realized I am back in my apartment, with nothing but a memory of meeting Deku. A memory which seemed so foggy and somehow filled with an extraordinary excitement. I guess that's what it's like to meet a famous hero. 

I dried my hands and walked out into my living room. It felt so...empty. Of course it had, I just moved in. But no, not that kind of empty. Even if I were to stack a whole bunch of objects it would still feel that way. I sat down on one of the still unpacked boxes and sighed. My eyes roamed around the room, looking for literally anything to do. I felt that if I don't move, I might start doing something reckless. As I kicked the boxes anxiously, they opened up and I looked through my personal property. 

In one of them I accidentally came upon an old photo of myself. I was as old as my students are now. Memories came storming through my mind - of the time I was still so small and innocent, thinking the world is nothing but a filed full of flowers and ladybugs in the summer sun...

The worse part of my turmoil was the fact nothing seemed good enough for me to do. I swear, I felt it eating me from the inside, my hands becoming shakier and restless. I reached for my phone. 

Should I call her? She's probably at work. Maybe she can pick up for a moment... Eh, she'll just direct me to voicemail if she's occupied. 

I scrolled trough my contacts with one hand, biting my nails on the other one. 'Mei', said the contact I stopped at. A pink-haired woman, grinning widely made me smile. We're polar opposites, that's why we work together well. She's the fun and I am the sane mind. I put the phone on my ear, trying to clear out with myself if I want for her to pick up after all. 

"Alex!" an enthusiastic voice screeched into my ear. 

"Hey, Mei, I'm just wondering if you..." I began, thinking of an excuse to call her in the moment. 

Loud buzzing noises and clacking interrupted me. I frowned. Is the universe trying to tell me to let my unease go instead of smothering my best friend? Probably. Do I ever listen to the universe? Nope. 

"Oopsie! The guys are a bit loud today. The costume reparations scheduled for tomorrow somehow happened today", she said with a nervous chuckle, "so we ha... Oi! What do you think you're doing?! Get the hell out of here, this isn't a catwalk!" she yelled at someone. 

Someone I felt sorry for in an instant. 

"Yeah, well, call me later then. I love you!" I said quickly, as I heard her mutter curses under her breath. 

"No, sugar, I'm fine. It's just that my so-called-colleagues are in-ca-pa-ble!" she yelled once again. I could literally see her shoot deadly glares at her victim. "How did the visit go?" she went back to me with her chirpy tone. 

"Fucking amazing. I don't know, since I spent the entire day taking care of Itazura", I growled. I decided to avoid the whole 'obsession-with-Deku' part, just to avoid her revolutionary ideas which might cost me my dignity. 

"Poor thing... Here, you can come now. Oop, it's teared up. I'll write it down", she said to someone else. I shook my foot slightly. It began annoying me. 

"But hey, I at least got to fall down in front of everyone. Not anyone can do that, right?" I said, more to myself, than to her. My mind seemed to cover up with the same fog my other memories were covered by. 

Mei burst into laughter. "Yikes", was all she said. I heard her pencil scratch the paper. Those poor things were always the victims of Mei's energy.