Done Running (Part 5) | "I'm right here."

I kept laughing when Marlon walked through the door and saw the scene, smiling slightly. Then he looked at me.

Marlon: Y/n, I need your help with something.

I looked back at him, nodding.

You: Okay, sure.

I turned back to AJ, who had a slightly sad look on his face.

You: Don’t worry, little dude. I’ll be back.

He gave one more smile and then began jumping around again.

I followed Marlon out of the admin room, Tenn joined us, but he stopped us as we were about to walk into the dorms.

Marlon: Tenn, you have a weapon?

Tenn nodded while showing him a small, makeshift knife.

Marlon: Good.

Then he turned to me.

Marlon: We’re going to go check on the girl. Tenn just had to get something to help with the pain, when she wakes up.

You: Okay.

We all walked into the dorms, but just as we were about to turn the corner, Marlon stopped me, letting Tenn go ahead with his knife. The two of us hid behind a corner when a voice sounded from the end of the corridor.

???: I’m right here.

Tenn looked to her and put his hands up.

???: Put down the knife.

Marlon walked forward, pulling back the bow. I followed unsheathing the sword, brandishing it in front of me.

Marlon: How about you do the same?

We were both still in the shadows, Tenn stood still, hands still above his head. He looked scared and unsure of what to do.

Marlon: We’re not gonna hurt you. We’ve got your boy. He’s safe. We’ll take you to see him. Just put down the knife.

The girl seemed to believe him and she dropped her knife.

???: Your turn.

Marlon: Good. That’s good.

He lowers his bow and sends me a signal to lower my sword. I do, still feeling cautious, but I trusted his judgment.

Marlon: See? All good here.

We both put our weapons on our back and walked out of the shadows.

Marlon: See? We’re not gonna hurt you. I’m Marlon. That’s Y/n. She’s the one who carried you here. And the little guy is Tennessee. “Tenn” for short. He’s the one been taking care of you. He, uh, doesn’t talk much.

???: Clementine.

I walked further forward.

You: Sorry about locking the door and tying you up.

I rubbed the back of my neck, sending her an apologetic smile. She looked at me, seemingly confused by my welcoming expression.

Marlon walked to stand beside me.

Marlon: Yeah, you were in, uh, pretty rough shape when we found you. We had to take precautions. You know, just in case.

Clementine: No need to explain. Like you said, I was in pretty rough shape.

Marlon: Yeah, to say the least. Must’ve been tough out there. For the both of you. Anyway, didn’t mean to scare you. Just being cautious. Sorry if it came across the wrong way. But you’re safe now. So’s your friend.

You: AJ.

I clarified for Marlon. Clementine gave me another look.

Marlon: Come on. Let’s go see your boy.