Broken Toys (Part 7) | "Don't fucking point that at him!"

I ran to hide behind some boxes on the pier as I reached it, managing to get through the crowd of walkers. Clementine joined me a second later and then Vi and AJ. We were waiting for the last distraction to be made.

Clementine: Come on, Willy…

I heard footsteps coming from the otherside of the crates and then from the other side of the river, Willy and Tenn lit the supplies on fire.

???: Is that fire?

???: Our supplies!

???: Goddamn it! Someone get over there and see what’s going on.

Lilly: Stay sharp! We’re under attack.

The footsteps had come to a stop in front of her hiding spot then there was a thump as someone jumped over us, running towards the burning supplies.

Y/n: Right. We need to go now.

We all followed Clementine’s lead as she made her way into the water, holding on to the pier for support. As soon as I sunk into the water, I was soaked to the bone. My clothes clung to my body, making me feel extremely comfortable, but I carried on.

Clementine: We can’t risk leaving cover. We’ll have to crawl along the side of the dock.

We continued to sneak along the edge of the dock, the water lapping at my shoulders.

Violets: The guts are washing off.

I watched Clementine peek her head above the edge of the pier, but immediately ducked back down as a raider approached us to shoot the walkers. I saw another way out.

Y/n: Follow me. This way.

I held my breath and dived into the water, trying to swim under the pier and to the other side. As I looked to the bottom of the river, I saw walkers… walking. I suppose that was a way to go. I quickly resurfaced at the other side, breathing heavily as everyone else followed. All the walker guts had washed off now and we just looked soaked instead of dirty. I swum backwards, letting Clementine, Vi and AJ climb up the ladder first, but just as Clem climbed up, something grabbed my ankle and I was sinking back into the water. I looked down to see a walker and I started kicking, both trying to get it off and to swim back upwards. Being caught off guard, I had little to no breath in my lungs. Luckily, Clementine’s hand came into the water and I grabbed it, being pulled up and losing the walker. I landed on the dock, coughing up water, but completely fine.

Clementine: Hey, you okay?

Y/n: Yeah, yeah. All good.

I gave her a thumbs up for good measure and then we began our sneaking across the dock.

Clementine: Stay close. Stay hidden.

We all nodded and followed her lead as she weaved around crates and barrels, dodging behind them when the searchlight was aimed at our hiding spots and running when it wasn’t. Finally, we reached the entrance and we all gave a sigh of relief.

Clementine: Come on, let’s hurry. Ready, AJ?

I watched as they readied to boost him up.

Violet: Walkers!

I turned around and saw them staggering towards us, so Clementine got AJ through the gap and quickly got out her bow and started firing. I followed the lead and got out my sword, stabbing anyone that got to close. When we had finished them all off, the door opened and AJ stood there smiling and we all rushed in, sneaking across the lower deck.