Suffer The Children (Part 1) | "A match made in heaven."

Third Person

Clementine was woken up in her bed in a place she had come to call home in the last two days, she rubbed her eyes and yawned as she sat up. AJ noticed her awake and walked over with a cup of coffee, passing it to her. He seemed nervous still from last night and was frightened with what he had done.

AJ: Made you some coffee. It was in the kitchen. Tenn and Em said that I could have some. I didn’t steal it.

Clementine took the cup, taking a sip of it, before smiling appreciatively.

Clementine: I’m surprised you remember how to make it. We haven’t had coffee in a long time.

AJ: You put it in hot water.

Clementine: You’re right. Thanks.

AJ got up on the bed, sitting next to her.

AJ: Last night, with Marlon? I heard Louis, and… what he called me. Am I a murderer?

~<>~

They were all in the courtyard, the crowd surrounding Marlon’s dead body.

Louis: No!

Omar: Oh, my God!

Y/n: Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

Violet: Shit!

Ruby: We could get medicine. From the nurse’s office.

Mitch: He’s dead! The kid blew his brains out!

Louis looked directly at AJ, anger flowing through his veins.

Louis: You shot him. He’s dead. You’re a murderer.

He then turned to Clementine, his anger now on her.

Louis: Marlon, he--he was down. You had him beat! What the fuck did you teach this kid!?

~<>~

AJ: Louis called me a murderer. But… but we’re supposed to kill bad stuff. Monsters. Did I do it bad? I thought Marlon was bad. He killed Brody, he… he kept telling lies.

The girl thought for a moment, unsure of how to answer.

Clementine: Louis was right. Sometimes people do bad things, like Marlon did. But when you shot him, he wasn’t a threat to us anymore. If you kill someone when they’re no longer threatening you, that’s murder.

AJ: What are we gonna do?

~<>~

The whole crowd still surrounded Clementine and AJ, moving closer, but Y/n stepped forward, followed by Violet, both brandishing their weapons.

Violet: Back off! All of you!

Y/n: Don’t even fucking dare go near them!

Louis looked at me, pain in his eyes as he still gazed quickly at his friend’s lifeless body.

Louis: You talked Marlon down, and then they fucking murdered him!

I turned back to Clementine, meeting her worrying eyes.

Y/n: Take AJ, go back to the dorms.

She nodded and grabbed on to the boy’s arm to pull him with her.

Clementine: Come on, let’s go.