Take Us Back (Part 3) | "Texas Two."

We all finally find the end of the cave, walking out and entering the forest with sighs of relief. I extinguished the torch and dropped it on the ground, using the moonlight as we continued to move.

Clementine: Coast is clear. If the shore is that way… the school is probably that way.

Tenn: Aasim was the fourth.

I looked up from my feet, realising what he was talking about.

Clementine: Huh?

Y/n: The day after AJ killed Marlon, you know we had the vote. Me, Violet and Tenn voted for you to stay, but you already know that. Aasim was the fourth one.

AJ: Wait, that means… Omar voted us out? And… Ruby?

Tenn: Uh, yeah.

AJ: Huh.

Clem turned to look at Tenn.

Clementine: What made you think of that?

Tenn: Aasim said you knew how to survive. He could just tell the school would be safer with you there. I voted for you because I liked you, but his reason, it was better. I just… just thought you should know. Aasim was right. We were safer. We were more scared than we let on, when you met us. You made that go away.

Y/n: Hey! I thought my reason was pretty good.

AJ: What was it?

Y/n: The girl was cute and the boy’s funny.

AJ chuckled and Clementine blushed slightly, but turned back to Tenn.

Clementine: That’s really nice of you to say, Tenn. Thank you.

Tenn: That’s okay. Now that we’re out of danger and going back home, it just made me think of it.

AJ: I like Aasim.

Tenn: If Marlon was still in charge, we’d be taken away to wherever. Or dead. Instead, we fought back. Because you showed us how. We weren’t safe with Marlon. Even in his ‘safe zone’, we were just… hiding.

Suddenly, a breaking of twigs could be heard from the bushes and I brought out my sword, while Clementine drew her knife. Then, we all sighed in relief and Violet stepped out from the woods.

AJ: Violet!

Him and Tenn rushed over to the girl, hugging her.

Violet: You made it. You’re all alive.

I hugged her, giving her a smile and then Clementine hugged her.

Y/n: Did everyone else get out?

Violet: Yeah, they’re okay. They took the cart and headed back to the school. We’re safe. All we gotta do now is find our way home.

Clementine: Any idea which way that is?

Violet: I know an old bridge near here. If we cross it, we won’t be too far from the school.

Y/n: Is that the same bridge that me and you ran out to that one time?

Violet: Same one.

Clementine: I’m sorry, what? I need this story.

Y/n: Okay, so, me and Violet got bored of the school and being the little troublemakers we were, we decided to just run past the safe zone and to the bridge. Took a while because neither of us were that athletic.