Done Running (Part 16) | "There is no kissing to tell of."

I walked through the forest in silence with Brody and Violet. They hadn’t gotten along ever since Violet swapped her shift hunting with her and now Vi blamed Brody for Minnie and Sophie’s death. It was slightly awkward for me since I was friends with both parties. Brody then spoke up, trying to break the tension.

Brody: You know, I’ve been thinkin’... I wish we could all go on a road trip together.

Violet: Road trip? Why bother? It’s not like there’s anything worth seeing anymore.

Brody: Oh, c’mon. I’m sure there’s plenty of stuff to see. Maybe the new girl, Clementine, that’s her name right?

I nodded to her, not sure where this conversation was going.

Brody: Maybe she could show us around. Y/n/n, you could get us a car going and Clem knows how to drive.

Violet: Barely.

Brody: C’mon, Vi! I’ve never driven in my life, but I’d love to learn.

Y/n: You know, it could be pretty fun. Just us and the open road, I’m sure Clem wouldn’t mind showing us around.

Violet: Just as long as she’s not the one driving.

Y/n: I don’t think she’s going to be getting into the driver’s seat anytime soon. Especially not with her head injury.

Brody bumped my shoulder, making me look at her weirdly.

Brody: You and Clem seem to be gettin’ along well.

At this, Violet looked up with a small smirk. Of course, the only thing that makes them get along is to tease me.

Y/n: Yes, you are correct.

Brody: So… We don’t get any more information?

Violet: She’s a lady, Brody. She doesn’t kiss and tell.

I rolled my eyes, looking at both of them with an annoyed expression.

Y/n: There is no kissing to tell of, so maybe stay out of my business.

Violet: Ooh. She’s getting angry.

Brody: Sounding very defensive, Y/n/n.

I sighed in agitation as the two chuckled to themselves, not meeting each other’s eyes, knowing that it would ruin the moment.

We ended up next to the fishing cabin, coming to a stop.

Brody: Okay, let’s go and check the fish nets first.

Violet turned to her, arms crossed.

Violet: Why are you in charge?

Brody: I’m not in charge, I- I just was suggestin’.

Violet: Well stop ' ‘suggestin’’ and let other people make their own decisions.

I stepped in between them, knowing the peace wouldn’t last.

Y/n: Come on, guys. Violet, how about you get the spears and Brody you go check the traps. Then you don’t have to argue.

Violet rolled her eyes.

Violet: Fine. Go with Brody, make sure she doesn’t mess up, again.

Brody: Again!?

Violet: Yes, remember when you tore one of them last time we were here. Your mistake cost us half the amount of fish we normally get.

Brody: And I apologised. What more do you want me to do?