Broken Toys (Part 9) | "You remind me of someone I used to know."

Lilly dragged me and AJ to the top deck, a gun still pointed to the side of my head. She placed us both in front of her, standing with her hands on her hips and eyebrows raised. Looking us both up and down, I furrowed my eyebrows.

Y/n: We'll never be one of your soldiers. We'll never leave our friends.

AJ: We'll never leave Clem.

The woman chuckled, shaking her head.

Lilly: You don't get it. Neither of you have a choice. You are now my soldiers, whether you like it or not, which I'm guessing, not.

Y/n: Doesn't mean we'll do a single thing you or any of your raider things fucking say.

Lilly: You have loyalty. Both of you. The Delta needs it.

Y/n: Yeah, we do have loyalty. But it's not to you.

Lilly: You'll change your mind after you see what our lifestyle is like. It changed Minerva's mind.

Y/n: Don't even say her fucking name.

Lilly: She's one of my soldiers, has been for a long time. She learned to live our way, while... her sister did not. Nobody answered my question earlier, will you be the loyal twin, or the dead twin?

Y/n: I'd rather be dead than be anything to you or your fucking war.

Lilly stepped closer, her face extremely close and I pushed AJ behind me.

Lilly: You know, you remind me of someone I used to know. He was just as stubborn as you, slightly stupid and had a temper. He thought he was the leader of one of my old groups, couldn't get over the fact that he obviously wasn't. He would do anything for his family, but forgot to care for himself. Probably why he died.

Y/n: Sounds like a great guy. Was he part of your group when you were with Clementine?

She looked at me slightly shocked at this, I gave her a tight-lipped smile.

Y/n: Yeah, Clem told me. You used to be in a group with her. When this all started. Said you were a lot different then. You cared for people, you cared for her at one point. She also told me you really cared for your father. From what I can tell, you don't care for anything, but yourself now.

Lilly: You don't know shit and neither does Clementine. And that man I was talking about, he was the one who took my father away from me. So if you're anything like him... I should probably kill you right now.

I stepped forward this time, still smiling.

Y/n: Go ahead. But then you always have to remember that you were scared by a kid enough to kill 'em. Seems like an amazing legacy if you ask me.

She took a deep breath out of anger and dropped her gun from my head, turning around.

Lilly: We've gotten off track. I want to make you my soldiers. By your own choice otherwise what's the point in having you here. You will learn to be loyal, smart and brave.

AJ stepped out from behind me.

AJ: Fuck off, fear.

The lady cocked her head in confusion, but kneeled down to his height.

Lilly: Trust me, AJ. You're gonna fit right in where I'm from. We respect the strong here, and I can tell by one look at both of you that you're strong. Both of you are.

As she finished that sentence, another two raiders walked up, holding Tenn. I tried to get to him, but Lilly held up her gun again.

???: Found one more sneaking over the docks.