Done Running (Part 9) | "Why thank you, love."

I sent her a salute and ran out to fight some walkers. Clementine began killing some as well with AJ giving her warnings. Then Louis got her attention.

Louis: Whoa! Nice one, Clementine! Could use a little more finesse, though.

I smiled to myself while killing a walker.

Y/n: Hey, Louis! What do you know about finesse?

Louis: Har har! Watch and learn.

He turned to a zombie and tried to get their attention.

Louis: Hey! Over here! Follow me!

The nearby walker followed the sound and approached Louis. He saw this and cut a rope, a rock fell and crushed it.

Louis: And that’s how you school a walker. There’s a whole bunch of traps laying around this area for these asshats. They’re all marked, so keep a lookout!

I chuckled and carried on slashing as many walkers as I could see. Slowly, I made myself a pathway through and met up with Clementine as we watched our hunting party coming back with torches. Marlon made his way over to us.

Marlon: Looks like they made it back in one piece. C’mon, we’ll meet ‘em halfway.

We all started to kill even more walkers until Marlon called us all over.

Marlon: Yo! Over here!

We run over to meet up with the other group.

Violet: Nice timing. We’re not gonna be able to hold them off much longer.

Brody: No kidding. Where’d all these walkers come from?

Y/n: We’ll tell you in a second. Let’s just finish the stragglers first.

I walked forwards with Clementine and Violet. Violet turned to Clementine.

Violet: You know, you’re not half bad. Considering the circumstances and all…

Clementine: Thanks.

Y/n: Aw. You melt my heart.

Violet rolled her eyes, but smiled.

Violet: Yeah, whatever. Let’s just finish these guys off. We don’t need them attracting more walkers back to the school.

I got my sword and knocked a walker off their feet before stabbing them in the skull.

Clementine: You’re good at that.

I looked up at her.

Y/n: Why thank you, love.

I winked and I saw her blush before killing another walker.

I killed a few more walkers before I heard some growling. I turned around seeing Clementine on the floor with Rosie ready to pounce on her.

Me and Marlon rushed over, he grabbed Rosie’s collar and stroked her head, while I walked over to Clementine.

Marlon: Good girl! Shh, shh. Hey, hey, it’s alright, girl. Hey, I see you and Rosie are making friends.

I put my hand out to Clementine, she grabbed it and I helped her up.

Clementine: Had a bad experience with a dog once.

Marlon: Well, Rosie here can help you get over it. She’s as cuddly as they come. Except when she’s mauling walkers, that is.

Y/n: Don’t worry about Rosie, the worst thing she does to us is drool all over us.

Clementine laughed at my joke and we meet up with the group and walk back through the forest.

Marlon: How’d it go out there?

Aasim: How do you think it went?

Brody: Be nice, Aasim.

Aasim: The safe zone’s nearly dry - I could barely find enough for tonight. We’re gonna have to scout out further if we want food for the winter.

Marlon: We’ll talk about it.

Aasim stopped him.

Aasim: Bullshit, we should talk about this right now-

Marlon kept walking and hit his shoulder.

Marlon: I said later, damn it.

Y/n: Hey, don’t worry, Aasim. Just wait for him to calm down.

Aasim: Yeah. Okay.

Aasim looked down and walked away.

I walked back over to see Louis, Violet and Clementine in conversation.

Louis: Still standing, I see. I’d call that a B-plus performance there, Vi. You’ve done better.

Violet: Fuck off.

She put her middle finger up and Louis clutched his heart in mock offense.

Louis: B-minus, then. Clem, I give you an A. But, Y/n? A-plus! Don’t be jealous, Vi. Be better.

Clementine: Why did Y/n get A-plus?

Y/n: Excuse me, Clementine? Do you not think I can get that?

Louis: Well, the answer to your question, Clementine, is simple. It is only one word. That word is… sword. Just...sword.

I nodded and Clementine chuckled.

Y/n: Anyway, my grades for you people would be…

I point to Violet.

Y/n: A-plus.

Violet: I know.

I point to Clementine and wink.

Y/n: A-plus.

Clementine turns red, but smiles.

I point to Louis.

Y/n: Hmm. What do you give to someone who unnecessarily uses all our traps, that are really hard to put back up, by the way, and is lame enough to name their weapon?

Clementine and Violet laughed at Louis. I just smiled at him, being innocent.

Louis: Oh, ha ha. Don’t come crying to me when you can’t think of a punny name for your weapons.

We all laughed again while Marlon whistled for Rosie.

A/n
Ayo, had a bit of a break, but I'm back. Hope you like it, might be a couple more updates today ✌️