Done Running (Part 12) | "He is a *historian*."

Next, I lead them over to Violet and Tenn in the graveyard. They were standing over Minnie and Sophie's graves.

Y/n: Hey, guys.

AJ: What is this?

Violet: Our graveyard.

Clementine: You guys still do that?

She looked between me, Violet and Tenn.

Violet: Kinda sorta.

Clementine: So, who's buried here?

Y/n: Nobody, really.

Violet: This is where we buried Tenn's sisters' belongings. Minnie and Sophie. Twins. Lost 'em both about a year ago.

Tenn leaned down and placed some flowers on both of the graves.

Y/n: They're paying respects, bud.

AJ: Should we do that too? Maybe? I've never seen anyone do that.

Clementine looked down at him.

Clementine: Yeah, I think that'd be a very nice thing to do, AJ. C'mon.

Violet walked over and passed AJ some flowers. The boy placed them on the grave and walked back over to me and Clementine.

Tenn looked over.

Tenn: Thank you.

Y/n: Okay, you two. Wanna meet Aasim now?

Clementine: Sure. Come on, AJ.

We walked over to Aasim who was sitting down at a desk with a book. He called it his history book, somewhere he could chronicle his thoughts and memories. Sophie was the one who told him to call it that because he got embarrassed when people said it was a diary.

Clementine: Hello?

AJ: Hellooooooo?

Y/n: AASIM!?

Aasim nearly fell off his chair, but recovered himself.

Aasim: Fucking hell, Y/n.

Y/n: Don't take that tone with me, you ignored us.

He ignored me again and I sighed, angrily. He turned to Clementine and AJ.

Aasim: Clementine, right?

Clementine: Yup. Aasim, right?

AJ: What are you writing?

Aasim: What happened today. I chronicle everything.

Y/n: He is a *historian*.

The boy rolled his eyes.

Clementine: Hmm, like a diary?

I burst out laughing, while Aasim looked at me, annoyed.

Aasim: It's not that funny, Y/n! Anyway, I try to think of it more like a history book. "Those who do not learn from the past" and all that.

Y/n: Is that a quote from you? I could add it to the Omar bible if you want.

Clementine: You seemed really mad at Marlon back there.

Aasim: He keeps pulling back the safe zone. We have fewer and fewer places to hunt. Which means we're gonna have fewer and fewer things to eat.

Y/n: I tried to help, Aasim. Really. But Marlon won't listen. He has to come around at some point, though. He won't let us all starve.

AJ: "The new girl helped the...hun...hunting party come back. She-"

I watched in admiration because I had never once been able to get my hands on his precious history book.

Aasim: Hey! Zip it! That's not yours to read, kid. Give it back.

AJ: It was just sitting there.

Aasim: So?

AJ: So, it was just sitting there.

Y/n: He got you there.

Clementine: AJ, give it back to him.

AJ: Okay.

AJ placed the book back on the desk.

Aasim: Thank you. This is the only place I get any real privacy around here. Gotta preserve what I can, you know? I gotta finish this before dinner. Not to be, like, rude, but, you know...bye.

Y/n: That was rude, actually.

We walked away from him and AJ looked at Clementine.

AJ: Clem.

Clementine: Yeah?

AJ: I'm ready. To talk to Marlon.

Clementine: Okay.

Y/n: Alright, then. Come on, little dude. Let's go show Marlon how much more of a man you are than him.

The three of us walked over to Marlon, who was sitting on the admin steps with Brody.

Y/n: Hey, guys.

Brody: Hi, Y/n.

Brody then turned to Clementine.

Brody: Clementine, right? I'm Brody. He's a sweet little fella. Figured there ain't a lot of room for sweetness still out there.

Y/n: Rude. I'm sweet.

The girl rolled her eyes.

Brody: Sure you are.

Clementine: I'm the lucky one. He's just naturally good.

Brody: Naturally good. That's rare stuff.

AJ stood behind us, looking nervous, but he walked forward anyway.

AJ: I'm really sorry I hit you. Can we please stay here and eat dinner and not go out into the forest and get killed by monsters?

Y/n: Yeah, Marlon. Don't kill them, Jesus.

Marlon gave me a glare before answering.

Marlon: Don't sweat it, buddy. You can make it up to me by teaching me your technique. You are a regular heavyweight.

From across the courtyard, Louis began to shout.

Louis: Hey, Clem! AJ! Stew's done!

Marlon: You guys earned your supper, after all.