Suffer The Children (Part 6) | "See. Pyromaniac."

We waited around for a few minutes, talking about how Clementine’s new friend, James, helped take the shrapnel out of AJ’s stomach and how it could have potentially saved his life. Whenever I met this boy, I would have to thank him. Then Ruby and a very reluctant Mitch walked over, and I led us all through the gate and into the greenhouse area.

Ruby: Guess I didn’t realise how long it’s been. How much it’s changed.

Y/n: I don’t know about ‘changed’, but it’s definitely weathered.

Ruby chuckled and walked in front of all of us, trying to pull open the door. Mitch came over to help, but stopped after a few seconds.

Mitch: Uh, this ain’t budging.

Ruby: You gonna stand there sulking all day, or you gonna do something useful?

Y/n: Nice one, Rube.

Mitch flipped me off, turning to look at something else.

Clementine: Well, we need that barbed wire. There must be another way in.

I walked around the side, looking the building up and down. Blueprints were being made in my head as I started planning ahead of rebuilding this. Ruby and Clem came to a stop beside me, looking where I was.

Clementine: What are you doing?

Y/n: Building.

Ruby: No. No… you’re not.

Y/n: In my head.

Clementine: Should you be doing that?

Y/n: Uh, no. I should be looking for an entrance. But this could be a nice building if we could renovate it.

Ruby: Sounds like a good idea for later.

Y/n: Right, yeah. I’ll do what I’m supposed to now.

I looked around again, watching as Clementine leaned her head to look in through the fogged-up glass.

Clementine: Mm, I can’t see shit.

She leaned back, looking back at all of us.

Mitch: There’s too much condensation on the inside.

Ruby: Condensation? That’s a big word for you.

Y/n: Now, tell me, Mitch. What is the definition of condensation?

Mitch: Shut up.

I walked around the back of the building, finding a half-broken ladder hanging from the side.

Y/n: Hey, guys! Come look at this!

They all walked around the side and I pointed to the ladder and the open window at the top.

Y/n: There’s a window up there. We can probably climb up the ladder and get in.

Ruby: Good spot. Mitch, come here and gimme a boost.

Mitch: Wait. Make her go first.

He pointed to Clementine, making her roll her eyes with hands on her hips.

Mitch: We send the one we don’t mind losing.

Ruby: That’s an ugly thing to say.

Y/n: And completely untrue, I mind losing her.

Clementine looked at me with a shy smile at that and I turned red while returning it.

Mitch: You and Vi said we need her help, right? She shouldn’t mind sticking her neck out.