Broken Toys (Part 8) | "Bang."

I paced around the cell, holding my hands to my head as I took in breath after breath.

Violet: Please, Y/n/n, sit down.

Y/n: I can’t. I can’t. She hasn’t woken up. I need to know she’ll be okay.

AJ had been following my actions, doing what I was doing around the cell.

AJ: She’s gonna be okay, right?

Violet: Y-Yeah, don’t worry, buddy.

I heard some stirring from the other cell and ran to it, followed by AJ and Violet. We saw Clementine get up from where she was laying, going up to Louis, who sat in the corner and we couldn’t see him that well. Or hear him, for that matter.

Clementine: Louis?

The boy seemed to hug her as she smiled.

Clementine: What did they do to you?

There was still more silence as nobody spoke, then Aasim explained the horrifying truth.

Aasim: No! No, no. Don’t. They, uh… they cut out his tongue. He just, uh… he kept fucking talking.

I took a shuddery breath and put my head in my hands at the news. These raiders were going to fucking die when I had the chance.

Clementine: Oh, my God. I’m sorry, Louis… We’re getting out of here, okay? Let’s get you home.

He nodded and then some sort of thump was heard, sending the boy back into the corner. My heart shattered, I had never seen Louis like this. Like he was broken.

Clementine: Shhh… It’s okay, it’s okay. It’s… okay. You’ll be home soon.

Then she got up, looking through the door.

Aasim: Clem, are you alright?

Clementine: I’m fine. Where’s AJ? Y/n?

AJ: Over here!

Y/n: We’re all good.

Clementine: Thank God.

Violet: Shit. At least we’re not moving yet. We’ve still got time to figure this out.

The girl nodded, then seemed to catch something at the bottom of her cell door. I furrowed my eyebrows, watching her crouch down to look at it. Then she peeked her head back above the metal.

Clementine: I might be able to chip away at this if I had a tool or… Damn it. They must’ve taken away my knife. AJ! Y/n! Do either of you still have your knife?

Y/n: Nope. Sorry.

AJ: I do! They didn’t find it. Only the big one.

I ruffled his hair as he smiled proudly.

Clementine: Good. I need you to slide it over to me.

He crouched down, sliding the knife under our cell door, over to hers. She got it and we heard the sound of scratching metal as she started to chip away at it. Then Dorian stormed over, hitting the metal, making Clementine jump back and drop the shiv.

Dorian: Hey! Whatever you’re doing… don’t. I promise you, it ain’t worth it. Step back!

And then the devil’s voice was heard.

Lilly: She awake?

Dorian: Yes, ma’am.

Lilly: Good. I’ll take it from here.