Broken Toys (Part 2) | "Minerva?"

Me, Clementine, AJ, Violet and Willy walked through the forest towards where Abel had told us where the boat was. Clementine was walking beside me, looking at the map quickly before putting it back in her back pocket.

Clementine: Once we find the boat, we’ll look for a way to sneak on board.

Y/n: It’s best if the entrance is a bit more hidden, or find a plan for us to improvise.

Willy: Sure, as long as Tenn doesn’t fuck it up this time.

AJ: It wasn’t Tenn’s fault.

Willy: Yes, it was! Mitch died because he--

The other boy stopped, standing in front of him.

AJ: Say one more thing about Tenn. I dare you.

Willy didn’t have enough time to answer, though, because Violet caught all of our attention.

Violet: Guys, look.

We all snuck forward, hiding behind some bushes and we saw a huge boat in the distance. AJ leaned forward further, holding the binoculars to his eyes.

Y/n: You see anything?

AJ: The beach, um, a boat, and, uh… a wood street in the water.

Clementine: That’s called a pier.

AJ: Pier.

Y/n: Right, let’s all go to different vantage points and focus on those areas. Keep down low and make sure not to be seen.

Everyone nodded and headed to different spots, I quickly joined Clementine, both of us crouching down.

Y/n: You think this is going to work?

Clementine: It should. Everyone’s ready, they all know how serious this is. As long as we get some intel then we should be prepared.

Y/n: Right. Okay.

I took a deep breath and Clem looked at me, concerned.

Clementine: Hey, what’s wrong?

Y/n: I just… I can’t lose anyone else. None of them. Nobody on that damn boat. And definitely not you. I just can’t. I don’t know what I’ll do if… if that happens.

She held her hand to my cheek, pushing my hair behind my ear, giving me a warm smile.

Clementine: I won’t let that happen, okay? I’ll make sure everyone’s safe, that everyone survives. 

I leaned forward and kissed her. She smiled and stroked the side of my face. Looking back into her eyes, it felt like I was so far away from all the mess.

Y/n: I could get used to this.

Clementine: You better. We’re in this together for the long haul.

Y/n: Well, we better go check on everyone.

Clementine: Yeah, come on.

I took her hand and we first went over to Violet.

Clementine: You ever seen this boat before?

Violet: No. Marlon and Y/n/n kept us confined to the safe zone.

I scratched the back of my neck, guilty.

Y/n: Sorry. I tried to change his mind.

Violet: I know, it’s fine. I didn’t mean it how I said it.