Take Us Back (Part 5) | "You have to kill me."

We made it inside the barn and I placed Clementine down before holding the door closed with AJ, making sure no walkers got in through the front entrance. I looked over to see Clem already turning for the worst and I got a burst of determination.

Y/n: Come on! We need something to bar the door!

A walker’s head came through the door as it briefly opened and I got out my sword, decapitating it on the spot and I shut it again. AJ ran back, holding a pitchfork and he put it through the door handles, but then we had other walkers to deal with as they came through the sides.

Y/n: We need to get the pen doors closed… before all of them get in.

AJ nodded and passed the gun over to Clementine.

AJ: Cover us.

She nodded looking pale and AJ ran to one of the stall doors, closing it and I tried to close another one, but a walker reached through before I could. I struggled to close it on its head and AJ saw it happening.

AJ: Clem!

The girl shot the walker and I managed to close the second pen door.

Clementine: O… Over there!

She pointed to another pen door and we both ran over, AJ tried to close it, but a rope was tied to it, keeping it open.

Y/n: Hold on.

I jumped up, groaning in pain and then slashing the rope with my sword. It tore immediately and the pen door slammed shut. As we finished that, more walkers came in through the last door and Clementine tried to shoot them, but with a click of the trigger, it told her it was empty. I ran forward with my sword, AJ with his knife and we both managed to kill most of them before more could get it. We ran to the last door, AJ trying to pull it shut, but then a walker reached through the bars, holding onto AJ. I rushed forward and stabbed it in the head. Clem lifted her head from where she laid, her face pale and eyes fluttering open and closed.

Clementine: Good job. You did it.

AJ: Now what?

Clementine: You both need to find a way out of here.

The boy pointed up to the second floor of the barn, looking desperate.

AJ: We can climb up there. The monsters can’t reach us up there. Y/n can carry you again. Let’s go. Easy climb. C’mon. Please… try.

I watched her try and use all her strength to get up, but it was no use. She just fell back to her sitting position and my heart dropped at what would happen.

AJ: You can’t give up! You can’t give up! We need you! I need you…

Y/n: Please, Clem. Please!

Clementine: You don’t need me. Not anymore. Look what you did. You protected yourself. My little goofball.

AJ: It’s Alvin Junior.

Clementine: You’ll always be goofball to me. Hey, look at me. Both of you… please.

We did and me and AJ fell to our knees beside her. First, she brought her hand up to AJ’s cheek.

Clementine: You’re such a cutie. How did I get so lucky?

She tapped his nose.

Clementine: Gotcha.

AJ: Please… don’t… don’t be silly right now. Not right now. Please.

And then she turned to me, holding my face in her hands.