Take Us Back (Part 4) | "The night will be over soon."

We finally got to the bridge, it being a bit more dilapidated than it had used to be, but that had to have been ages ago.

Clementine: Okay. Just take your time. And keep moving forward.

We all started walking across it, me limping and dragging my left leg along. As we got to the middle, we had to jump over the back of a truck and then found a huge gap in the bridge. It was a gap and the wooden planks hung over the edge, some of them hanging on by a splinter. I looked down and saw the fast rushing water below and the sharp rocks you would hit on the way down.

AJ: That’s… far.

Tenn: Really far.

Violet: Should be able to jump it. It’s not that far.

Y/n: I don’t know if I can. Not with this injury.

Clementine: You can. We all can. We just gotta be careful not to land too hard on the other side--

???: ~ Never mind the darkness. Never mind the storm. Never mind the blood-red moon. The night will be over soon.~

As we all turned to the source of the eerie singing, we found Minerva. She was covered in her own blood, chunks bitten out of her from walkers and she was holding an axe. One of her legs dragged behind her and she still approached us, a herd of walkers following after her.

Tenn: Minnie!

The boy took a step forward, but stopped as he saw the walkers behind her.

Minerva: I did it! I found you! Oh, Tenn… My sweet little brother. Come with me.

Tenn: You’re dying.

Minerva: Yes! Yes, I am. I’m finally going someplace better. I want you there with me.

Tenn: Where everyone gets to be a person again…

Minerva: We’re gonna go be with Mom, and Dad, and Sophie. Together. It won’t be real if you’re not there.

Y/n: Tenn, look at me.

He did as he was told and I shook his head at him.

Y/n: She may look like your sister, but that’s not her anymore. The sister you knew is gone, so don’t listen to her.

Tenn: I’m…

A gunshot hit the air as Minnie fired her pistol towards the sky, drawing even more walkers.

Minerva: Don’t you fucking speak to him! Any of you.

We all quickly ducked beneath the truck, making sure Minnie wouldn’t hit any of us.

Violet: Please… please, Minnie, stop!

Minerva: He needs to be with his family.

Clementine: Don’t do this.

Minerva: Don’t worry, Tenn. They can try to stop me. But I’m not going anywhere without you. The night will be over soon.

The boy tried to stand up beside me and I saw Clementine try to reach over, trying to pull him back down, but she nearly got shot by Minnie. 

Y/n: Get down!

Me and AJ tackled Tenn so he would get back down, just as walkers surrounded the truck, trying to get to us.

Violet: Look, me and Y/n’ll help the boys across the gap! Watch out for the walkers!

Clementine nodded and started shooting at them while Minerva tried to shoot her. We got AJ to get across the gap, but Tenn forced us not to let him cross.