Broken Toys (Part 1) | "He's gonna turn..."

I stood in the courtyard, my head wrapped up in a bandage as I watched Ruby dig a grave for Mitch and Willy held the boy’s dead body’s hand. Although the boy’s face had been covered in a cloth, I still remembered the look on his face as Lilly stabbed him in the throat. Clementine walked up behind me, grabbing my hand and giving me a reassuring look. I gave her a sad smile and we both walked up behind Mitch.

Willy: Mitch… I… I… At the start, I was so little, and… and Mitch looked after me. People said he was a dick sometimes, but he was always nice to me. And now… Now he’s gone. Stabbed in the eyes by some asshole who never even knew his name.

I put my hand on his shoulder, rubbing his back.

Clementine: Look, I promise you, Willy… the people who did this? We’re going to hit them back. They’re gonna regret ever coming near us.

Y/n: We’re going to rain hell on those fucking Delta soldiers.

Willy: If Mitch were here, he wouldn’t cry. He’d find a way to get our friends back. Then he’d bash Lilly’s brains out with a rock.

We saw Violet, Ruby and Tenn walking up behind us, joining us around Mitch and Willy.

Violet: Hey. AJ’s waiting for you two in the basement. We got Abel tied up tight. He’s alive, but he’s out cold.

Clementine: Thanks.

Violet: We should bury Mitch. It’s time.

Tenn stepped forward.

Tenn: I’ll help you carry--

Willy got up and pushed the boy to the ground.

Willy: Get away from him! You’re the reason he’s dead!

I stepped in between them, helping Tenn up from the floor.

Ruby: Willy!

Willy: Well, it’s true! We had a plan and that idiot messed it up!

Clementine: C’mon, Willy, none of this is Tenn’s fault. You know who’s really to blame.

Willy: I can’t believe you’re defending him! This… this is bullshit.

Tenn ran off behind me, into the admin building.

Ruby: Tenn!

I went to follow him, but Violet held up her hand, stopping me.

Violet: I’ll take care of this. Talk to Abel, find out where Lilly took Louis, Omar, and Aasim. And, both of you… don’t be afraid to, you know, hurt him a little. Maybe you’ll get more out of him than we did.

Y/n: Don’t worry, I have some pent up anger.

I held Clementine’s hand and we walked down to the basement. But as we walked past the boiler, the girl beside me stopped, her face turning into a frown. I looked for myself and saw a dried blood stain on the metal and the floor.

Y/n: Shit… Is this…?

Clementine: Yeah. Brody.

Y/n: Fuck…

We kept walking after a minute of silence, I patted Rosie as we did and then we ended up in an open part of the underground room. Abel was taped up to an old school chair and AJ sat in front of him, spinning the bullet chamber of his revolver.

Clementine: Got your gun back, huh?

AJ: Uh-huh.

Y/n: You ready, little dude?