Chapter Three

Cassandra

It was close to finishing everyone's meal, but I couldn't move the food in front of me. I need to prepare myself for when they start talking about our wedding. I can't find a word. I have a feeling that I made the wrong decision. I feel like I’m getting closer to disaster now that I’ve confirmed they’re not ordinary.

With the size of their land, house, and business, I can say there is more to them than meets the eye. I'm getting scared.

"Don't you like the food?" I looked at Mrs. De Luca, but I also turned my gaze to everyone sitting there who was now all looking at me.

"No... I mean. I like the foods. I'm just thinking." I winced at my answer.

"What are you thinking?" Nicolas asked suddenly, now proceeding to eat.

"It's nothing," I answered, hiding the quiver in my voice.

"It's not just nothing; you look like an idiot there, that you even forgot about your food." Everyone stopped eating and looked at the two of us. Nicolas was just eating, and it seemed like he just didn’t have that question. That seemed normal for him to stand like that.

"It's just about my studies." My answer was weak. I looked at Dad and Mom, but they were back to eating. So I was forced to eat. When it was over, they immediately started talking.

"I want their wedding next month. I don't want to prolong all this. I want to be with Cassandra in this house. I'm so excited. So, Lily, what do you think?" I looked at Mom.

She just nodded with a big smile on her lips. They talked to Mom about the things that would be needed. Sometimes they asked me what color I want. I just nodded and smiled at them.

"I wanted it to be next week." Everything stopped. Their smiles gradually disappeared, and then they looked at Nicolas, who was just sitting next to me and busy with his cellphone in disbelief.

"Why, son?" Mr. De Luca asks.

"I just want to." He didn't even look at his father. He's constantly fiddling with his cellphone. "Cassandra and I should be the ones talking about that because we're the ones who are getting married. I don't want a fancy wedding. I want it simple and intimate. And, Mr. and Mrs. Evans, I need to talk to your daughter." He immediately stood up then grabbed my arm and pulled me upright. "Excuse us." He pulled me until we reached the lawn behind their mansion where the large pool could be seen not far from us. He let go of my hand and turned to face me. I even backed away when I realized he was so close to me. He just looked at me. Deep and drowning looks while I was purely shivering, unable to look closely at his deadly beautiful eyes. As for him, my five flickers were just a flicker to him. "Cassandra, right?" He asked hard and deeply.

"I'm Nicolas Andrian De Luca."

***

Thank you, guys, for reading my story. Hope you like it.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Wink, wink.