Chapter Twenty-Six

Cassandra

I was amazed looking up at the lofty Cathedral in front of me. Not like before I was just looking this across the street, now I am right in front of it. Thanks to Fabio he brought me here.

"Wow! I'm actually seeing this." Amazed I said.

"Come on I'll show you something."

We were about to leave when my phone rang. I immediately took it out of my clutch bag I was carrying. I saw Alfred's name on the screen.

I hurriedly answered that. "Hello."

"Cassy. Where are you? The event was e-" the call was cut off suddenly so I looked at my phone. I was hit in the head when I saw my phone. Dead battery.

"What's wrong?" Fabio asked. "My phone is dead." I answered.

"Let's charge it in my car. Let us go back to the park."

I nodded then followed him. "Here." He handed me the charger then we left the place. "When are you coming back to America?" I sighed at his question.

"I don't know." I didn’t know what to say to him.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I looked at him. "The one who you with earlier in the park. And I saw your ring. Are you engaged to him?"

I have no answer. I didn’t really know what to tell him. He didn’t know that my husband is Nicolas because everyone knew that Fiona is his wife.

I looked at the ring. It was not our wedding ring but the family hierloom of the De Luca Family. I didn't wore my wedding ring because I feel everyday that he's not treating me as his wife. I left it in my room and I hid it.

"I don't want to talk about it." The only thing I can say.

"Suit yourself. Sorry if I asked that." I just nodded and then smiled. It took us three minutes in the car before we reached the park. "Are you sure you can go home alone? I can take you there."

"No thanks. I can handle myself. Thank you for today, Fabio." He smiled and nodded before leaving. I hailed a cab and gave the address.

I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes firmly. I will return to that mansion and the pain that used to be gradually disappearing is now returning. Suddenly my phone flashed and I saw there a message from Alfred.

Where are you Cassy? You should come home now.

I rolled my eyes then put my phone back in the bag. Five to ten minutes later we also reached the gate of De Luca state. As soon as I entered the gate, I immediately saw many bodyguards scattered in front of the mansion. My pace quickened until I reached them.

I saw Nicolas typing on his phone and then put it in his ear. He looks worried and his eyes are full of fear. I turned to Alfred whose eyes widened when he saw me. He immediately approached me.

"Where have you been? Aren't you with Fiona?"

This question confused me. Before I could answer Alfred, suddenly someone pulled away from him and Nicolas' burning eyes met mine.

"Where is Fiona? Where is she?"

I was confused while looking at him. Why are they looking her to me? 

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE ?!" He yelled at me as I backed away.

"I don't know. I didn't see her." I answered weakly and with a little fear.

"This is your fault. If you hadn't just acted like a child and left suddenly, Fiona wouldn't have come out and tried to find you, she wouldn't have disappeared."

What? I don't understand. Nicolas' phone rang so his attention turned there. Soon Nicolas let out a loud shout that surprised us all. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" He shouted at me before turning to his men. "Ready the cars. Rossi has Fiona in his hands."

All his men immediately took action and left. I was left in front of the mansion as I watched their car disappear from my sight. My tears flowed at what happened. Nicolas blamed me. Fiona was kidnapped because of me. I thought earlier I was the cause of fear and apprehension in Nicolas ’eyes but I wasn’t. It was for Fiona. It was for her. And that hurts inside me.

I just went up to the room then looked for my friends in contact and then called. Only a few rings passed before they answered.

"Cassy!"

"Sandra!"

They shouted almost simultaneously on the other line.

"Hi guys."

"Sandra? Is there a problem? You sound so sad. Are you okay?" It was Cally.

"When are you coming back? Is it hard to work there? Hey girl, you're not a graduate yet but you sound so stress and tired."

I laughed at what Layla said. "Girl don't be like that to Sandra. You know that she is really one of us who is determined to rise in life." Shay groaned.

" Shay, don't you have plan for your life?" Layla asked.

"There is." Shay answered immediately.

They continued to tease as I sadly listened to them. They didn’t know I was married. And I plan to tell them that when we get back to America.

But I can go home alone. All I had to do was ask Nicolas and ask his permission. Maybe he will agree. "By me gifts Cass when you get back."

My attention returned to them when Cally mentioned my name. "Of course." My answer.

"Me too." Shay shouted followed by Layla and April. I just shook my head.

Our conversation ended around midnight. To my surprise, the front door below opened loudly. I immediately went to the balcony and looked down. They have arrived. I immediately went back inside the room and headed to the living room. But I stopped in the middle of the stairs when I heard them talk.

"Fuck that Rossi! When I see him again I will really bury him alive."

"Calm down." It was Fiona.

Suddenly my chest tightened again. "How can I calm down if that fucktard playing dirty now. We need to go back to America. You're safe there and I'll make sure you don't get hurt."

My tears flowed. It should be me.

Not wanting to hear more I just went back to the room and carefully closed the door so as not to make any noise. I lay down on the bed then shed all the tears.

___________________

Hi guys......

What do you think to this chapter?

Comment and vote...😉😉