Chapter Thirty-Six

Cassandra

"ALFRED!"

I'm shivering now. I want to hurt Alfred. I want to kill him for lying. I no longer knew who I could trust.

Panting, Alfred came and stand to my side. My eyes are still focused on the painting.

"Why are you shouting?" He asked.

"What is really your plan? Are you sure Nicolas doesn't know what you're doing or you're just shitting me?" Then I faced him.

He averted his gaze from me then took a deep breath. I closed my eyes. If my suspicion is correct, I don't know how to save myself.

"Cassy listen-"

"Tell me the truth. I want you to tell me the truth." I want to cry but I control myself.

"I want to tell you everything but I can't. This is not the right time to-"

"What are you talking about?" I asked him wodering. "You lied to me."

What he said today made my mind even more confused. What are they hiding from me? I can't figure it out? My mind is a mess. I couldn't find answers to my questions. No matter what I ask him, he never gives an answer. Will I ever be able to find the answer to everything that is happening?

After Alfred and I talked, he never spoke to me again. He doesn't even come near me and always avoids my gaze.

I went into my room. There was only one bed. The walls are pure white. On the left there is a door, maybe that's the bathroom. The room was bright because the sunlight could freely enter from the window just above the bed.

I went to bed and sat down. I didn't even bring my phone.

Then I lay down. I stared at the white ceiling. How long will my life would be like this? Will I hide for the rest of my life?

I touched my ring finger but stopped when I realized I no longer had the ring. I smiled bitterly. "I'll get used to this."

I turned my head to the door when I heard a knock.

"Cassandra. Aren't you going to have breakfast?" It was low but I could still hear Alfred's voice from outside. "Fabio called, he's coming here. He wants to talk to you."

I did not utter. I just heard his footsteps moving away.

I spent a few minutes before I got up and left the room. I went down and I did not find Alfred. Even in the kitchen he was not there.

I saw the food served on the table. It's just a simple breakfast.

Because I was hungry, I just ate it. When I finished eating, I looked for Alfred. But I walked around the house and I didn't saw him.

I went to the main door. I was about to hold the door knob when it moved and the door opened up.

I saw Alfred carrying two plastic bags. "Where did you go?" I asked.

I thought he had left me here. "Buy grocery. The cabinet was empty."

"You should at least told me so I didn't search like a fool inside this house."

He was staring at me like he's reading me. I turned my back on him then went straight to the living room and sat there frowning.

I watched Alfred go straight to the kitchen and put the plastic bags on the counter.

When he turned his look at me I immediately avoided it. I heard his weak and husky laugh. I was even more frustrated.

It's lunch time. Alfred cooked again and we ate together. I just went back to the living room when it was over, he was the one who washed the dishes as he wished.

I heard a car outside. I turned to Alfred but he just didn't seem to care. He left what he's been doing in the kitchen and headed to the door.

I'm nervous. Maybe that's Nicolas. But I took a deep breath when I heard Fabio's familiar voice.

I smiled when I saw Fabio followed by Alfred who no longer looked at us. He just went straight to the kitchen and continued what he was doing.

Fabio sat in the chair opposite where I was sitting. "How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine but my trust in Alfred has diminished. I have a suspicion that this house belongs to Nicolas and that Nicolas is his accomplice."

Fabio suddenly looked away and then cleared his throat. I looked at him. "Don't tell me-" I couldn't continue what I was about to say when suddenly something entered my mind. "What is really happening?"

I want to cry. Why can't they tell me what's really going on.

"Sandra. We just want you to be safe-"

"You too. How can I trust you-"

"Listen-"

"Bullshit!" I shouted in frustration.

"You won't understand-"

"Then make me understand."

"It's still messy now. We'll tell the truth but not now."

I looked at him confuseldy. He was just the same as Alfred. I could'nt believe him.

"Sandra. Daniel is already moving. He's looking for you and he's accusing Nicolas. You're in danger as well as Nicolas. Someone is trying to destroy him. A traitor has entered his empire."

Nicolas can't fight the la familia especially since the majority of them are no longer on his side.

I still can't forget what Fabio told me. Until he left I still could not get up from my seat. I'm so lost that I didn't feel Alfred beside me.

I only realized when Alfred held me by the shoulder and then dropped a glass of water. "Thank you."

I was about to pick up the glass when he tapped my hand. "Who told you that water is yours? That's mine. Get yourself."

I can't believe what he said. I was so annoyed that I stomped into the kitchen. I poured water and drank immediately. When I lowered my glass to the counter I heard a car stop outside again.

Did Fabio forget something?

I immediately went to the door and opened it. I was stuck where I stand and like a magnet my feet stuck to the floor. I can't even move it.

My heart was beating fast and I felt like I was running out of air. I feel like I'm getting pale. The air hitting my face turned cold as I said his name.

"N-Nicolas."

__________

Sorry guys...hahahaha

Say something about this chapter. I'll wait and see what's on your mind and what's your guess of what will happen.

Ready to hear Nicolas pOv? We'll get there guys. I'm excited like shit.

tine_finn