Chapter Thirty-One

Cassandra

Two weeks had pass and the memories of him was still fresh. I saw him. Was he there to rescue me? Was he there for me or just to avenge of what Daniel did to his girlfriend? I don't know what to do now.

After the incident we landed at one of Daniel private properties here in Sicily. His private island.

From here in my room I can see the lighthouse. And I can see the large expanse of sea and how it is beautiful and shiny from the sun and the white sand where some of Daniel's men patroling.

I heard the door open but I did not turned around. I sat still in the bed facing the large window.

"Lunch is ready." I did not answer him. He went near me and put his hand to my shoulder then sat beside me. "Are you okay? Do you want something? Any particular food you want?"

"I'm not hungry." I muttered.

He removed his hand on my shoulder. He sighed heavily before standing up. "I'll let you rest. If you need anything just find my office."

"What happened to my friends?"

Daniel stopped. I faced him but his facing now the door. "They're fine. They're safe." He answered before leaving the room.

I just come down when a maid picked me up in the room. Daniel is already at the dinning table. The food is ready but he has not eaten yet.

I sat down. I didn't look at him. He still didn't move.

"Are we waiting for someone?" I asked him still not turning to his side.

"Yes. Someone important to me."

The way he said 'important', he seemed to want to convey something.

I just sat quietly and waited. Soon I heard voices coming. I sit up straight.

The first thing I saw was a woman. She is beautiful and elegant. But what really surprised me was, when I saw the man I had once seen in Nicolas' mansion.

Arturo.

I do not understand. What is he doing here?

He immediately approached Daniel and whispered something. Daniel just nodded.

Arturo sat down next to me. "At last I saw your long lost girlfriend Daniel." He looked at me. I averted my eyes from his to the food in front of me.

"I think I've seen you." He even tried to peek at my face.

"Stop that Arturo. She's my wife now." Daniel interjected.

"Wow. You're so fast." Said the woman.

"You know what I can do Elise." Daniel replied.

The woman named Elise laughed softly. "I heard she was Nicolas' ex wife. How did you get her from him?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Lets eat."

After the dinner I never lost track of why Arturo was here. As far as I know, Arturo is on Nicolas' side. Why is this happening? Did Nicolas know this?

Because of that I could not sleep. I got off from my bed and went to the lanai.

The surroundings are quiet. I heard the waves crashing on the shore. The light in the lighthouse rotates.

"You're the one I saw at Nicolas' mansion. That's why you're familiar to me because you're Daniel's long lost girlfriend."

I turned around and saw Arturo leaning against the door jamb.

"How did you know me?"

"Daniel is my bestfriend and I know all about his past. I've seen your photos in his room." He straigthened his stand. "I wonder what Nicolas felt when Daniel got the most he cared about in the second time." He said while smirking.

My brows met. "What are you talking about?"

"Elise. She was his first love." He said before he left.

First love? Nicolas' first love? She's Nicolas' first love? What could have happened? Why she's here with Daniel? Did they betrayed Nicolas? That night I did not sleep thinking what could be the possible answer to all my questions.

The next day I immediately searched Daniel's office. When I opened the door instead of Daniel being seen inside but that was not what I expected.

Elise was sitting comfortably on Daniel's office sofa. The cigarette stick is placed between her index finger and middle finger.

"I'm sorry. I thought Daniel is-"

"Sit." She cut off what I was going to say. I felt irritated but I didn't let her notice it then went inside and sat in the single chair in front of her.

She blew out a smoke first before placing the cigarette in the ash tray.

"Do you know me?" She asked.

I shook my head. She nodded. "I don't think Nicolas will marry someone like you. His standard has dropped."

My forehead furrowed at what she said. Did she just insulted me?

"I know Nicolas still loves me until this day. He will never trade me for someone like you. Maybe he just married you because of money or maybe let's just say you're in danger and you need protection. I'm not either will be surprised because he didn't even make a way for you to rescue you or get you out of here. Poor you. A rebound. "

She's right. He did nothing to find me. I think he never forgot his fist love. What can I say first love never dies. But why was he so worried when it comes to Fiona? I looked at her.

"You're wrong. Nicolas doesn't love you anymore." Her forehead furrowed.

"And why did you say that?"

"Because he already has a girlfriend. She is Fiona and I saw with both of my eyes how he worry about her. He forgot about you. And why did you choose to be with Daniel?"

"You don't understand. I didn't go with that demon. With your demon husband. He kidnapped me and took me hostage." she said in low but irritated tone.

"From what I see now, you don't look like a hostage." Her eyes are swollen. There were waiting tears that wanted to drip from her eyes which further confused me.

"Because they'll kill me if I don't do what they want. You don't know how scared I am while I'm here. I want to leave here but I can't do that because my life is the replacement." Tears streamed down her cheeks.

What? I was stunned by what I heard. Confused, I look at Elise now tears were dripping profusely on her cheeks. I no longer knew what to think.

I was about to leave in front of her when I stopped. "Help me get out of here. I want to go back to my loved ones. Please help me. I really want to see Nicolas. I want to see the one I love."

_________________

Hi guys sorry for the late update. I know a lot of you are confused and not satisfied of Nicolas POV. I actually did that on purpose. But don't worry I'll put his pov again from start 'till the end.

So, what's ur thought? Any prediction/guess of what will happen to our lovely Cassy and Nico?

If you saw errors please kindly tell me. Thank you. Send love❤