Chapter Nineteen

Cassandra

Nicolas frowned and looked at me in surprise. My heart feels like trying to be out of my chest because of the speed of the beat. First, for the man who called and second for my husband who frowning at the door. Looking straight to my eyes. I swallowed trying to be cool and act like nothing happened.

"What's wrong with you? It's like you saw a ghost." He says seriously.

"Ah..n-nothing. I was just surprised by you. You suddenly opened the door without knocking."

He closed the door then looked at me deeply. "It's my house so whatever I want to do, I'll do it. Get ready because the food downstairs is ready." I just blinked before following him.

As we exited the room I immediately saw two large men on each side outside the door and there are not just two. Every fucking corner of the hallway had his men. Standing like a statue. I walked faster because of fear.

Is this why he doesn't want to let me out of the room?

By the time we reached the living room there were still a lot of big people on the side. Acting like stone. I can't even see if they're blinking or not.

"Stop staring."

I averted my eyes when I hear Nicolas's cold voice. I was like a dog, just following him until we reached the dining room. I waved when I saw Alfred in front of the table. A smile appeared on my lips when he returned the smile. But I stopped when Nicolas suddenly confronted me. His two eyebrows met. Add to the fact that he looks badly on me.

"Stop flirting with him."

"I'm not flirting with him. He's the only one I know here." My answer.

"What about me? Am I stranger to you? I'm your fucking husband, Cass. Do I have to write it in my forehead to remind you every day?"

"Jeez. Relax. I know that. Of course except for you, I only know Alfred here. Do I have to mention your name every day?" I rewarded him.

"Yes. It should always be just my name coming out of your mouth not someone or whoever it is." He said then turned away. He sat at the far end of the table like a king. I just approached a chair near him. Alfred was on the other side of the table just in front of me. Suddenly, the servants came out and placed the delicious and tasty food in front of us one by one.

Excited, I inhaled the air because of the fragrant smell of the dishes.

So delicious.

"Nicolas?" He turned to me. "Nicolas Nicolas Nicolas?"

His forehead twitched again at what I said. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Nicolas Nicolas Nico-"

"Stop with that bullshit! What are you doing? And don't you dare say my name multiple times."

"I thought. You said only your name should come out of my mouth that's why Nicolas Nicolas Nicol-"

"Stop!" He growled louder.

Alfred burst out laughing. Nicolas looked at him badly so he stopped but there was still a smile on his face. After him he turned to me. He's still looking at me badly.

"Eat." I didn't say anything and dig in. I even closed my eyes when I tasted the delicious food. "Hmmm." I moan.

"Can you eat silently?" I just stared at him. After breakfast Alfred took me back to my room. They said they were going on business so here I was alone in the room.

This is also the perfect day to find out what's in this house or what's in the De Luca family. I approached the door and then put my ear to it and then listened outside. Without hearing anything strange, I went to the balcony. If there are many guards inside the house, it will double outside.

What should I do? What if I go out and tour their mansion I might find something.

I was about to go back when three vans entered the gate. It was obvious because it overlooked the gate where I was standing. Until the vans stopped in front of the main door. I did not turn my eyes.

I hold the railing to look down. A man came out. He is 6'4 tall and has a good physique. Blonde hair. I can't even see his face because I'm in here in the balcony and I can only see his hair and body. He adjusted the dress before signaling inside the van. Five men came out, each carrying a suitcase. Soon the other occupants of the two vans also came out.

I think those were his staff because they all spread around and just stood there. I turned to the gate when someone blew a horn and saw Nicolas' car entering the gate.

When I looked back down I stepped back a little when I saw the man who was now looking at me. The hazel color of his eyes was the first I saw. Then the edge of his lips lifted.

I feel nervous about what he did. The man is familiar but I'm not sure. Nicolas' car honked again but now it was approaching the man. When it stopped, Alfred came out and then Nicolas followed and stood next to Alfred.

Nicolas looked up at me. He stared at me for a few minutes, which I reciprocated. I looked at Alfred who motioned for me to go inside. I still looked at the man but Nicolas already had his sight so I left the balcony and entered.

"What are they going to do?"

I'm sure I'll know something when I get down there and listen to them. And I will know what their business really is. I smiled as I slowly went to the door. I took another deep breath before touching the door knob and opening it.

The two big men immediately blocked themselves to me. I forced myself not to fall down because of nervousness. My chest was pounding hard. "I'll just get water." I talked to the men but they did not answer instead they stepped back and went back to their position. So I went on.

I was just on the stairs when I could hear their voices. "Who's the girl in the balcony?" I stopped going down when I heard that.

They're talking about me?

"What about the girl? She has nothing to do with our business." Nicolas' voice was cold. I stepped down to hear them better.

"She's familiar though. It's like I've seen her somewhere." The voice answered.

"Drop the topic. Let's go to our buisness." It was Nicolas' voice again but now it was mixed with irritation.

"Wow. So you finally moved on. That's right. But I know why you're continuing this job. You want to see her again. What for Nicolas? She left you but look at you now still not giving up just to see the who hurt you before. "

"We're not here to talk about that thing, Arturo."

"Okay. But last question? Who is the girl? I just want to know Nicolas." Said Arturo.

I leaned against the wall and waited for Nicolas' answer. I was nervous but I really wanted to know what he would answer.

"She's nothing. Just one of my whore."

___________________

So, do you like this chapter?

Who's Arturo? And what is he talking about the one who hurt Nicolas?

Huhuhuhu don't know what to do and don't know what to say.