Chapter Twenty-Eight

Cassandra

When I woke up I was in a nice room. I thought I would wake up in a smelly and cramped prison but here I am surrounded by expensive things. I roamed my eyes and was surprised when I saw a portrait attached to the wall in front of the sofa.

It was a portrait of me. I got out of the bed then walk slowly near to the portrait. It was me during my first day at the University. Daniel visited me at that time.

Why does he have this?

Below the portrait are photos of Daniel and me together. We photographed every memories when he visited me, on our first anniversary, and various holidays we had together.

Oh my gosh!

I grabbed a photo where he proposed to me and I refused because I found out something unpleasant about him. The day I started to feared him. I broke up with him that time and left him for good and I burned our memories together but he kept them. Why would he do that? It's been so long.

I thought we would never meet again, for a long time I did not expect this.

I was scared of him, until now I'm still scared of him. I saw him killed a man and I didn’t know what I was going to do then.

I'm scared because he's here again. I have no one else to turn to for help. I don't have a phone with me and I don't even have one of my things.

My friends. They don't know where I am even Nicolas.

'Why am I still thinking about him now? He doesn't care about me. I'm scared of him too.'

Now I patched everything up. I understand now. That's why they are so rich because they don't only get the money from their company. But also because of their illegal activities.

But why is that? Now that I know who really he is, I still love him. I had never been like this to Daniel before. I feel different for Nicolas. Much more than I thought.

"Do you know why I kept them?"

I turned around. Daniel directly looked at my eyes. His two hands were in his pocket and there was no emotion in his eyes.

"Why are you doing this Daniel?" I ask. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"You know how much I love you, Sì? I only want you Apple. When you left me and rejected me I was always asking myself where I was lacking. I'm doing this because you are mine. I'm just taking what's mine and that is you."

"This is not you Daniel. I'm married and-"

"I know that. You're married to that fucking De Luca. You don't know who he is, I'm better than him Apple."

"I love him, Daniel. I love Nicolas." There it is. I fucking said it.

I saw how his fist clenched. His jaw tightened and he closed his eyes tightly as if his restraining himself. "I know." He nodded. "That is why I brought this." He went to his desk and opened a drawer. He pulled out an envelope and handed it to me.

I reached for it and then opened it. My forehead furrowed when I saw what's inside.

"Sign the paper. I know that's what you want so I just made it easier for you."

Yes. I despirately wanted a divorce paper but with this whole situation all that matter was just vanished.

"No. I won't." His eyebrows met then he took big steps and then grabbed my arm. I winced because of his gripped. It becomes tighter and tighter.

"You will sign or I'll kill your friends. Choose wisely Apple." He whispered in my ear.

"What?"