Chapter Twelve

Cassandra

I was just quiet for a few minutes, listening to the De Lucas' conversation. I could barely move the food in front of me, occasionally answering Elizabeth's questions. Sometimes, I just nodded and smiled in response. Nicolas was also busy eating and joining in the conversation. I was the only one here who didn't feel like eating.

"So, Cassy, is it okay if I call you Cassy?" I nodded to Elizabeth. "I just want to ask if it's okay for you to let me choose your wedding gown. I'll take care of everything. I just want to baby you and spoil you. I also don't want you to get tired. Is it okay?" I smiled a little and nodded.

"Great! I'll schedule my appointment with my best designer tomorrow so she can get ready. And I assure you, darling, you're going to love it," she said, smiling.

I felt Nicolas move beside me. He wiped his mouth first before standing up. "I have to go. I still have work to take care of."

He didn't even wait for his parents' answer and just left immediately without caring. He doesn't really respect his parents.

I turned to Mrs. De Luca, but she greeted me with a sweet smile, as if Nicolas's actions were nothing unusual to them, as if they were already used to him. I don’t understand, but I feel something is wrong.

"Cassy, darling, I just want to tell you that when the time comes for you to be Nico's wife, don't ever ask things that will hurt you. Nico has a short temper, but I know there's a part of his heart that is soft. I know he likes you, Cassy. I can see that in his eyes, and I hope you give him time to admit how he feels. Not now, but I know he'll say that before it's too late."

A small smile flashed on my lips. I didn't know how to react, so I just smiled. I also didn't want to tell her that I was too afraid of their presence that I might offend her.

*****

After dinner, Elizabeth delivered me to their driver. During the trip, I couldn't help but think of what Elizabeth had told me. Should I ask what will I do? Does Nicolas like me? How could she say that? That man almost threw me up. He just forced himself to pick me up.

"Ma'am, let's stop first." I nodded to the driver. We stopped at a gas station. The driver came out, and I didn't know where he went, maybe to the comfort room.

I felt exhausted. I leaned back in the seat and lowered the car window. But I didn't expect who I would see across the road.

It was Nicolas's car, and I could clearly see him because his car window was also down. His head was leaning on the headrest, and it looked like he was waiting for someone. I wasn't mistaken because someone came out of the store in front of him. A tall, blonde woman came out, wearing glasses, but I still recognized her.

Fiona Wright, a famous model.

She got into Nicolas's car, and I could clearly see the two of them kissing inside the car before they left. It was as if something had torn inside me as their kiss repeatedly played in my mind. It was as if my heart was being crushed, and it was as if I was having trouble breathing. I'm running out of air.

The corners of my eyes heated up. The feeling that I just felt it now. I just experienced it now.

Suddenly, my tears flowed. I immediately touched my cheek. "Why am I crying? What's happening to me? Why am I acting like this?" I asked anxiously.

I took the bag and then took a tissue and immediately wiped away the tears, but as I did that, I cried even more. Disgusted, I threw away the tissue and just cried. My mind went back to Nicolas and Fiona. Is Fiona his girlfriend? If she is, why would he marry me?

Many 'what-ifs' came to my mind. I don't know why he consented to this marriage when he had a girlfriend. But we will just marry on paper. I also knew that he would not treat me as his wife because of his policies. In other words, only a contract marriage will happen between us. We will be just married on paper.

That's a good thing. I don't like him either. And I didn't want to marry him in the first place. But why am I hurting? Why was I hurt when I saw Nicolas with another woman? What did that mean then?

Until I entered the house, that memory was still in my head. I was dumbfounded as I climbed the stairs. "Cassy?" I turned to Mom, who was at the end of the stairs.

"Are you okay?" she asked, and her concern was obvious on her face. I nodded wearily at her, then continued climbing.

I’m not in the mood to talk about my day.
______________

Sorry for the delay... but heres the chapter twelve. Enjoy reading guys.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Wink wink wink.