Chapter Fourty-Two

Cassandra

After Alfred's confession I never saw him again.

Fiona visits the headquarters and I asked her about Alfred but she just said Alfred was busy with his family.

I still couldn’t get over when Alfred suddenly said that he likes me. I like Alfred but it is only as a friend more like a brother. He's nice and kind. And he's very different from Nicolas but Nicolas was hit different to me.

And I really don't know why I still fell in love with Nicolas. But of all that has happened, I can only say one thing. It's worth loving Nicolas.

"Are you thinking of Alfred?" I turned to Fiona who had just entered.

She's carrying a plastic full of foods.

Nicolas went to the bathroom.

"No."

"I'm sorry about Alfred. Actually, I witnessed their fight because of you. Remember when you came back to America, when we found out that Rossi got you, Alfred immediately told Nicolas what a jerk he is. I understand Alfred and where does his anger come from.  It's because he likes you and yes he admitted that right in front of Nicolas. "

"What did Nicolas do to Alfred?" I asked curiously.

"You want to know?" She even grinned.

I nodded.

"He punched him." I looked at her shocked.

She laughed suddenly. "Just kidding."

"What are you talking about?"

Fiona and I both turned to Nicolas.

"Just random things, I guess?" Fiona replied.

Nicolas leaned over me on the sofa and immediately wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I just brought the food Cassandra requested. Bye." Fiona winked at me before setting the food on the table.

"Why aren't you with Alfred?" Nicolas asked. Fiona looked at me first before turning to Nicolas.

"He's busy. He said family matters or maybe he's avoiding something or someone?" Fiona looked at me again with a grin on her lips.

Nicolas frowned and turned to me and then looked at Fiona again. "What's that look? Are you two hiding something from me?"

I immediately shook my head and turned to Fiona. I glared at her.

"I'll go now." Fiona said and was about to leave when she turned to me again. "I almost forgot. It's up to you to explain to Nicolas what happened last week. Bye."

She ran out of the room.

I couldn’t believe what Fiona said. I thought she wouldn’t say that thing?

I turned to Nicolas but backed away when I met his dark gaze. "What does Fiona mean? What happened last week?" He asked coldly.

I had no choice but to tell him what had happened.

"What ?! That fucker! I will kill him."

"Can you calm down? There's nothing wrong with what Alfred did-"

"No. He confessed to you and I don't like it. I will burn him."

I took a deep breath. "Listen to me Nicolas. It was just a confession. I also like him as a-"

"What did you say?" He cut me off. Now his voice is colder.

"Just a confession?"

"No. After that." He said without emotion.

"I also like him-"

"You like him?"

I close my eyes because of irritation. Why doesn't this man let me finish. "Yes. I like him as a-"

He immediately stood up and went to the front of the window. I clenched my two fists in irritation. I got up and followed him.

"Nicolas-"

"Don't talk to me."

"Can you listen to me-"

"I don't want to hear it. You like that motherfucker and I hate it. You just broke my heart-"

"Are you going to be like this? You're so childish, Nicolas. If you don't let me finish what I'm going to say then think what ever you think. You won't hear my explaination then don't. This is the last day I'm going to come here, don't expect me to come back. "

I turned my back on him and picked up my belongings before heading to the door.

I was about to open it when I felt Nicolas's two arms wrap around my waist. He buried his face in my neck.

"I'm sorry. I'll hear it just don't leave me. I'm just jealous." He said lowly.

I smiled but I immediately erased it before I faced him. I raised an eyebrow. "You're so cute."

His forehead furrowed at what I said.

"What?"

"I love you."

He smiled then hugged me tightly. We were in that position when the door opened and our parents entered with my friends.

I let go of Nicolas then hugged my parents and then Nicolas' parents before I turned to my friends.

Nicolas went back to bed and there our parent talked while I was in the sofa with my friends.

"I'm so worried, you know. We didn't save you back then." Cally started.

"Did Daniel do something bad to you? Did he hurt you?" Shay asked.

I shook my head in response.

"Every day, Nicolas comes to your house and repeatedly apologizes to your parents." April said.

The other three nodded in agreement. I looked at Nicolas who was now smiling in front of my parents.

"It was only then that we saw him how to cry and kneel in front of your parents." I looked at Shay.

I smiled then turned to Nicolas again. "I want to do something. I want to surprise him. He did everything for me and now I want to do make him happy." They smiled at me.

"I like what's on your mind." Layla said smiling. I turned back to Nicolas. I immediately smiled when I saw he was looking at me too. He smiled.

I really love this guy.

______________________

Hello again.