Chapter Twenty-Five

Cassandra

The event was actually an annual party among riches people. A party where some businessmen/women looking a potential investors or partners. Well, some of them are bragging their success in life. Talking how they get this stage with so much pride.

Mom and dad are not here. I didn't find them. And it confirmed by Nicolas mother, Elizabeth, that they will not attend the event because something came up. I tried to ask what's the problem but Elizabeth just shrugged.

And here I thought Nicolas will be by my side but who would know who's my date now. It was Alfred. And I don't know where on earth Nicolas is. We actually separated in front of the building and it was almost an hour. I still don't know where he is.

"Are you okay?" I looked at Alfred a little bit cranky. Like who wouldn't? We're here waiting like years for Nicolas appearance.

"I hate parties." I commented.

I was about to drink the champagne when suddenly someone spoke into the microphone on stage. I turned there. A man was there and smiling at the audience.

"Hello everyone. Thank you for coming. This celebration is not just for business. I have this friend who got married recently and I want to congratulate him."

I got nervous. Nicolas isn't the only one who got married here, is he?

"My friend. Come here." The man continued and pointed to the front. I can't see who was he pointing because we're in the back. There are also too many people. But the nervousness in my chest increased when I saw Nicolas up on stage. He even smiled at the audience when he was already next to the man.

"Congratulations my friend. I know you're here in Italy because of your honeymoon and most of them want to meet your wife. So let us call Mrs. Nicolas Andrian De Luca!" The man loudly announced.

My eyes widened. Did they already know that I was Nicolas' wife. I turned to Alfred. He looked at me with smiles on his lips as if he's saying to 'stand up and go up there'.

But our eyes also returned to the stage when people shouted. And it was as if a knife had stabbed me when I saw Fiona coming up on stage with a big smile on her face. I stiffened. All my emotions got vanished.

I didn't notice that my tears were already dripping. Smiling Nicolas greeted Fiona and then they even kissed.

I turned around to the table when my body weakened. Alfred immediately assisted me me. Holding me from falling.

"Cassy." He called but I could not hear anything but the person who was now speaking on stage. Nicolas held the microphone as he thanked those who greeted them. It was as if my heart was being torn apart by every word he said.

"I love her and I intended to love her forever. Thank you so much."

"Al-fred, pl-ease l-let me out of h-here." I stammered.

Alfred immediately helped me out of the building. My legs trembled but I got caught in the hood of the car while holding my chest.

"Cassy."

"Don't. Don't say anything. Can we go to the park?"

Alfred looked at me worriedly. "I can't. Nicolas will be angry when he didn't see us."

"Don't worry. Once you've taken me to the park you can come back here. I'll just go back to the mansion when I'm done dealing myself. I'm just going to relax my mind."

"I can't. What if something bad will happen then you-"
"Please." I cut him.

I just want to leave this place.

Eventually Alfred followed me. Alfred stopped the car in a park where there were a lot of people. "Call me, okay." I nodded to him and then got out of the car. When the car left, I fell to my knees and immediately burst into tears.

I punched my chest as if it will fade the pain I feel inside.

Why is this happening to my life? Why me? Yes. I admit. I fucking love that bastard. I fucking love him and I hate myself for loving him. I fucking hate myself for choosing that asshole who doesn't feel anything about me but resentment.

I hugged my legs while sitting on the grass, crying with so much pain. But I stopped when I saw a handkerchief in front of me. I lifted my head and saw Fabio.

He sat down next to me. He put the handkerchief on my knees. "Did you know that people have been looking at you since you got out the car? You look like a kid as if someone took your candy." I rolled my eyes and looked around. Fabio was right. Almost everyone there was looking at me. But I just sighed and looked at him.

"What are you doing here?" I wiped away the tears with his handkerchief.

"I'm your stalker, right?" He answered.

I looked at him badly. He just smiled and then looked back at a building that looked so beautiful because of the different lights. So that's where also my eyes focused.

"What happened?" He suddenly asked. I gripped tightly the handkerchief.

"I don't want to talk about it."

I should be scared right now because I know who Fabio is. He was my only stalker then. But in his actions now he is different. He has changed a lot.

"You know Cassy. As soon as I got released from jail I wanted to talk to you and apologize all the things I've done to you but dad told me that I should talk to you after my rehabilitation." I looked at him. He indeed changed. He looked at me. "I hope you'll forgive me for everything I've done."

"You're forgiven Fabio." He smiled at me.

"Thank you." I held out my hand to him. He looked at me curiously.

"Let's be friends." He immediately reached for my hand. We shook our hands and then settled in the grass.

My eyes returned to the building and I gasped. Fabio stood up then left. I thought he left already but I was surprised when he sat down again in his seat and then handed me the cotton candy.

My eyes light up when I see my favorite food when I'm sad. "I know this is your favorite when you're sad." He says.

"How did you know?"

"Hello, I'm your stalker." I just laughed at his answer.

And there I temporarily forgot what happened that night.

________________

Late update...sorry.