Chapter Eighteen

Cassandra

When Nicolas' private plane landed at their private landing area, he immediately pulled me out. His men are already waiting us with a car below. There were all in black. Some are watching around while others are paying attention to us.

I grabbed Nicolas' arm out of fear. He looked at me and gave me a 'what are you doing' look. I pouted as I take back my hand but I felt his cold hand restrain my wrist then return it to his arm. I looked at him then smiled slightly.

The men greeted us as we descended the stairs. They all bowed, a sign of greeting or respect for him.

"Welcome back, Capo." One man was said while smiling.

"Is all the way clear?"

"Yes, Capo. Everything is ready as well."

He just nodded then went straight to the car of course with me. He put me in the car first and then he followed. I was about to take the seatbelt when I felt Nicolas' hand on my waist again and then he made me sit on his lap. I looked at him questioningly. "Get used to it. Because you will always sit on my lap. Not on anything else or anyone. Your ass is mine. Your body is mine so you should always be attached to me."

"Are you kidding?"

"What do you think of me a joker?" I could no longer answer. As before, there is the awkward feeling that envelops inside the car. Add to that my fast heartbeat.

We quickly reached their mansion. If I admire their mansion in America I admire their mansion even more in front of me now. So big. As we entered the gate, the large fountain in the middle of the driveway opened up to us. Around you can see lush plants and different colors of flowers.

A smile flashed on my lips as I looked around while we were still inside the car. "Do you like it?" I nodded naturally. "Good. Rest in your room when we get there. There's a maid to show you where your room is. Don't leave your room when I haven't knocked on your door." I nodded again still looking outside the window to the beautiful scenery. "Don't come out until I tell you to. If you don't want to get hurt just follow my advice." I nodded again and again. "We're here."

As Nicolas said an old woman approached me after we entered inside the mansion. The old man took my luggage and I followed. As I entered the room I looked around inside. It's so beautiful for me to be like a princess. I opened the door to the balcony. I could see from here the wide driveway and the fountain up to the gate.

Looking down I saw Nicolas get back in the car and leave. "Where is he going?" I was just shook my head and forced to dismiss negative thoughts. To this day I still can't believe I'm married to him. It's so fast. No engagement party took place, straight away to the church. Add to that the mysterious messages I received. So I was even more nervous. I don’t know what their family’s job is but I was convinced when I saw their huge hotels and jewelry stores. But I know that behind them there is an enveloping phenomenon. I need to know what is behind all of their success. We are only here for a few days and we will be returning to America. Then I haven't finished school yet, I still have a lot to do. I want to be able to build my own business and be like Dad.

After taking a bath I made a plan for what my life would be like in case it became abnormal. I have a hunch that something bad will happen.

At twelve o'clock in the evening I finished, I immediately put it away and went to sleep.

*****

I woke up the next day because of the heat hitting my face. When I woke up I was dazzled by the sunlight peeking through the balcony door and the curtain was blown by the wind. I was about to move when I felt the heavy grip on my thigh and waist. I immediately turned my back. I saw Nicolas sound asleep. I held my breath then slowly removed his hand from my waist. I removed it gently. Now I slowly lift her leg. I did that well too. I turned to him before standing up and going straight to the bathroom. I clung to my chest as soon as I closed the door. I could hardly breathe. Feard, I might wake him up and get upset again. I washed and calmed myself. I glanced at myself in the mirror. "Just act normal self, you can do this."

I nodded before exiting the bathroom but was halted on the door when I saw Nicolas already sitting on the bed. Her hair is messy. Why is he hot when newly awake? Why is he handsome?

I stood up straight when he suddenly looked at me. His two eyebrows are sunken. Is he angry? What did I do? I started to get nervous again. "Why did you leave the bed?"

I furrowed at his question. What does he mean? "Ahh ... uhm ... I peed?"

"Next time don't get out of bed until I wake up. Is that clear?" I nodded. "You're staying here. Don't leave this room, I'll just take a shower." I shook my head confused after he closed the door of my room. Why doesn't he just let me out of this room? It was as if there were so many people in the mansion that when I left I would disappear.

I looked at my phone when it flashed. I immediately picked it up and read the newly arrived message. Only numbers are there.

How are you?

I furrowed. Who else is this? The other day I also received a message and the day before our wedding. I was about to reply when the phone suddenly rang. The number is the same. I answered that immediately.

"Hello?" I heard nothing on the other line. So I repeated but still nothing. I looked at the phone, still in there then turning it back to my ear. "Hello?"

"Apple."

I immediately let go of the phone when I heard the baritone voice that I had not heard for a long time. No. How? Why is he calling me?

"Were you surprised?" I heard his voice on the phone that was now on top of the bed.

"How's my apple? I heard you're married? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. We talked, didn't we? Why didn't you keep that? And it's even worse there. You actually got married to a De Luca. Well, don't worry apple , I'll see you soon. "

As if where in a movie the call died when the door opened and Nicolas entered.

"Nico." My eyes widened and not on my own self uttered his name.

_______________

Yeah yeah boring as always...but thanks though for reading guys..