63. Hole

The next morning, Yibo's alarm wakes Xiao Zhan up.

It takes a few seconds for the tune to register, and the moment it does, he is immediately reminded of where he is, and with whom.

Fear strikes him, and so he shoots up to see if he is alone. However he finds that he cannot move too far, as the human that has his arm curled tightly around his waist, is keeping him in place.

Yibo moans softly, still somewhat asleep and definitely unhappy about the disturbance. His arm though easily budges, and so Xiao Zhan is able to reach for his phone on the nightstand to turn off the alarm.

He finds though that he needs Yibo's password for this, but he is reluctant to wake him so he instead just brings the volume down from the side.

Afterwards, he sets the phone down and returns to his place, by his side.

Sometime during the night they had turned and switched positions, till where he had settled on his side while Yibo had spooned him from behind.

Xiao Zhan's smiles, his heart swelling as he stares down at Yibo's still sleeping and angelic face. It is now 4am, which gives Yibo an hour more with him until he has to leave. He decides though to let Yibo sleep in a bit further, giving him the chance to watch him with abandon.

A few minutes of bliss pass by, but when the concerns and worries also begin to stir in his mind, he decides then to wake Yibo.

With the tip of his finger, he begins to gently stroke Yibo's lashes, and this is effective enough to pull Yibo awake. It does take a few further disturbances though for Yibo to abandon sleep altogether and open his eyes.

Xiao Zhan is amused at Yibo's sullen face, but then Yibo's eyes settle on him, clear and piercing, and Xiao Zhan's breath seizes.

They watch each other, as though both trying to comprehend the fact that they are both in bed and waking up to the other. And then Yibo's lips is on his.

Xiao Zhan is taken aback, but only has a moment to be surprised before he is consumed.

The kiss is gentle, but deep,and as Yibo's tongue intertwines with his, he feels gravity give way from underneath him.

Tears sting his eyes as his arms come around Yibo's shoulders, pulling and flattening Yibo against his body.

He kisses Yibo back with a wild fervency as the heated sweetness warms his blood, and sets his toes and fingers tingling.

Soon eneough Yibo pulls his lips away feom his and Xioa zhan is left dazed and breathless.

He is incapable of opening his eyes as the ethereal buzz simmers through his veins, and it is a while after before he feels his soul return to his body.

He opens his eyes then to meet Yibo staring down at him, and he shudders.

Yibo feels it, and this causes a small smile to curve his lips as he lowers his gaze to the very listless Xiao Zhan beneath him.

"Are you alright?" he asks, and Xiao Zhan doesn't know whether to smack him or kiss him again.

And so he just licks his lips, and continues to stare at him.

"Ge," Yibo calls, and Xiao Zhan's gaze moves to Yibo's untidy hair. He wants to reach out to run his fingers through it, but his bones feel too weak. And so he just remains still and battered by the absolutely sweetest morning greeting he has ever received.

I love youhe thinks in sheer wonder, and not till he feels Yibo also go still above him does he realize that perhaps he has said this out loud.